Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2009, 05:42 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
What was the rating for that show? It's up to the parent or guardian to determine whether their child can watch. If you know that Eminem and 50 cent are going to be performing, not to mention lady Gaga, then you had better be prepared.
I agree. It's up to the parents to use some common sense. I also read some place the AMA is notorious for over the top performances. I would never watch AMA if not for Adam so can't say for sure. Nielsen reports the AMA show had best ratings since 2002, with 14.2 million viewers.

Last edited by tigerlily; 11-23-2009 at 05:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 06:06 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,673,900 times
Thanks to glory b for this link
//www.city-data.com/forum/deals...ck-friday.html

Download some tunes for free, I did it, easy

Old 11-23-2009, 06:59 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,113 times
Okay, now I have it straight. Adam is taping today for Letterman. I thought Letterman was live. My bad. He'll be on Wednesday, Nov. 25th as others have noted. Also on 25th, Adam will be on GMA.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:49 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,470,214 times
It was gawd-awful. The whole show was gawd-awful. One bright spot - Whitney Houston.

Adam's explanation was that it's no different than when heterosexual performers grope, kiss or do whatever else it is he did. That's right, it's no different. Unfortunately. I'd hoped he would rely on his singing rather than falling in step with the common theme of the night. The whole show was tacky. I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed in Adam.

Why can't performers just sing, and command the stage with their voice and personality? Like WHITNEY HOUSTON. She was the only performer who didn't need exploding pyrotechnics, silly props like a piano on fire, and she didn't pretend to be a prize fighter (BOTH M&M and Jennifer Lopez themes - what was up with that?).

A little theatre is good, but if that overwhelms one's voice so much that it's all people are talking about....time to take stock.

I still love Adam. I'm still a Glambertian. I just wish he'd have enough confidence to know that his talent alone is enough to win fans and afford him a long career. I refuse to give up hope!

Old 11-23-2009, 08:50 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,486 times
Just to add a little perspective: 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXvSA...eature=related

Old 11-24-2009, 08:21 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,680,965 times
Madonna simulated masturbation on stage...Marilyn Manson humped some guys head in the audience ....this is nothing new.....Adam isn't responsible for raising your children people...relax! They won't turn gay because they saw Adam do something suggestive!!lol I dug it...it seemed a bit rushed though. Adam did exactly what he set out to do..people are talking... and no matter what the fall out is..that kid will work!!

Sex is everywhere folks...even chocolate commercials are pushing the envelope ...lol...talk to your kids about it..don't try to hide it from them.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:29 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
Thanks to glory b for this link
//www.city-data.com/forum/deals...ck-friday.html

Download some tunes for free, I did it, easy
Today, the whole FYE album on Amazon is only $3.99 ($.99 with this ^ promotion). Why, I wonder?

Last edited by nuala; 11-24-2009 at 08:42 AM..

Old 11-24-2009, 08:35 AM

I have decided, for now, to avoid any "shows", any "news", any "controversies", any "interviews", any "explanations" and concentrate on his music. Just pure tracks. If he releases some more CDs, I will, again, concentrate on the music, - not at all the marketing ploys around. I was, and am, in love with his voice...

Old 11-24-2009, 10:21 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,121,486 times
So nuala can avoid it...

Spoiler

GMA has cancelled Adam's performance tomorrow, but CBS has already snapped him up.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
Why can't performers just sing, and command the stage with their voice and personality? Like WHITNEY HOUSTON. She was the only performer who didn't need exploding pyrotechnics, silly props like a piano on fire, and she didn't pretend to be a prize fighter
To be fair, maybe because Whitney is 46 and has done her own share of wacky behavior.

"Also in 2002, Houston did an interview with Diane Sawyer to promote her upcoming album. During the prime-time special, Houston spoke on topics including rumored drug use and marriage. She was asked about the ongoing drug rumors and replied, "First of all, let's get one thing straight. Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack. Let's get that straight. Okay? We don't do crack. We don't do that. Crack is wack."[97] The line would become infamous.[104] Houston did, however, admit to using various substances at times.[97]"

Whitney Houston - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities