Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2009, 06:59 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times

Advertisements

LILONGWE, Malawi - A judge has rejected Madonna’s request to adopt a second child from Malawi, the star’s lawyer said Friday.

The lawyer, Alan Chinula, refused to discuss the ruling further, saying only that he had passed it on to Madonna, who was in Malawi but did not attend Friday’s court hearing. Madonna can appeal to the Supreme Court.

“I am awaiting instructions,” Chinula said.

Malawi rejects Madonna adoption request - Celebrities- msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 07:45 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,478 times
THis story is boring. She needs to follow the same rules that anyone else should have to if they were adopting in this area. Last time she didn't. She could help more than one child by giving money to raise the children that are there already. I just think isn't she going through a divorce? Just because she is ready to move on and not be married doesn't mean her children she already has need to take some time and this might not be the best time for them to bring a new child into the family. As an adopted parent from the Foster care system there are many children who need homes right here. I know that those children in other countries are poor and uneducated but here in the US kids who don't get adopted and age out without good role models and family to support them very often do not do well as adults. We like it or not deal with that if they have babies and have to way to support them, get involved in drugs or resort to crime. Take care of our own back yeard and in the end it helps us all.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:49 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
Madonna---she needs another kid like she needs another husband---not!
Don't care for her,never did.
Seems like she has enough on her plate without adding another child. Along the lines of A. Jolie.
These women who buy up kids cause they have $$$$ then won't stay home to care for them, cause they are addicted to $$$ and fame, make me nauseated and aggravated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
THis story is boring. She needs to follow the same rules that anyone else should have to if they were adopting in this area. Last time she didn't. She could help more than one child by giving money to raise the children that are there already. I just think isn't she going through a divorce? Just because she is ready to move on and not be married doesn't mean her children she already has need to take some time and this might not be the best time for them to bring a new child into the family. As an adopted parent from the Foster care system there are many children who need homes right here. I know that those children in other countries are poor and uneducated but here in the US kids who don't get adopted and age out without good role models and family to support them very often do not do well as adults. We like it or not deal with that if they have babies and have to way to support them, get involved in drugs or resort to crime. Take care of our own back yeard and in the end it helps us all.

Old 04-03-2009, 12:10 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
what is wrong with her adopting in this country ? as far as I am concerned these celebs do this for the popularity it brings them .sort of like "oh look she is adopting a foreign child my isnt she a good person ? " Nope lots of people adopt everyday . all these celebs that want to adopt should look right in their own country . I am sick of them using this as a status symbol to gain popularity .

Old 04-04-2009, 01:03 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,032,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
what is wrong with her adopting in this country ?
Commentary: Why aren't celebrities adopting U.S. kids? - CNN.com

Old 04-04-2009, 09:17 AM

484 posts, read 1,584,632 times
Does anyone know if she can appeal the adoption?

Old 04-12-2009, 10:59 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
She needs to follow the same rules that anyone else should have to if they were adopting in this area. Last time she didn't. She could help more than one child by giving money to raise the children that are there already. I just think isn't she going through a divorce? Just because she is ready to move on and not be married doesn't mean her children she already has need to take some time and this might not be the best time for them to bring a new child into the family
Yes, all celebrities should follow rules anywhere they decide to adopt.
Madonna has donated money, the orphanage is her's I believe. The child is living in her orphanage.

IMO, there could be worst people adopting this child.
Madonna as a parent from what I've read is a pretty strict parent. Her ex is saying she's a great mother.

Madonna adopting this child is the best thing that could happen to her.
Read this story - Davids father is quoted. Now, his father also had issues after a while but that child has never looked happier & healthier. -
Quote:
Meanwhile Madonna and her family have used the trip to help her son, David Banda, explore his roots. In an emotional reunion, David met with his biological father, Yohane Banda.

"We spent three hours together. My son has grown too big," he told reporters. He also said that David looks very much like him, "but resembles more his half brother Dingiswayo."

Madonna briefly met Yohane and updated him of his son's schooling. "She is a sweet lady," said the 33-year-old peasant farmer of the singer.
We don't know the story of this child.. or the full story.
The family put her in the orphanage expecting it to raise her until she "came of age" whatever that means, then they'd get her back.
It appears the "father" has surfaced and says he will support his child.
Father of Madonna Orphan Surfaces, Wants to Support Child

This child is already calling her "mother" from stories I've read.

As for why she's not adopting in the states, read the post below.

Thank you. That has to be one of the best stories I've seen so far.

Key parts for those interested in why celebs don't adopt American kids.

Quote:
According to various adoption and governmental agencies, more than 500,000 American children are under foster care, and many of them are waiting for adoption. From coast to coast, babies to toddlers to teens are desperately looking for a home where they can be loved, nurtured and provided for.

Now, it would be easy to blast these celebrities by saying it's the hip thing to walk around with an international child, but truth be told, we've got a serious adoption problem in this country.

Single mothers have a difficult time adopting a child, and several I know personally have gone overseas. And let's not even talk about the red tape and bureaucracy!

American parents are made to jump through enormous hoops, and the process takes years, instead of months. And all too often, single people and married couples simply grow disenchanted with the process.

We can sit here and criticize Madonna all day, but enough with ripping her. Our energy should be put into a call for massive adoption reform.

If you think it should be easier to adopt American children, demand that your local, state and federal election officials clear the pathway to make the process easier. And let's have more consistency. Having 50 different states set their own policy, is frankly, nonsense. With so many rules, no wonder folks throw their hands up and move on.

The goal of adoption is to put children in loving homes and not have them be the responsibility of the state. Making it harder to adopt affects you in your pocketbook because taxpayer money is spent to care for the children. So changing the laws not only helps the child, but also is fiscally prudent.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:35 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I would like to see more adoption of American children, but I also have multiple friends who are trying the VERY SLOW process of getting one. They are very frustrated with the system and the costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities