Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:05 AM

242 posts, read 788,711 times

Advertisements

All of those magazines are airbrushed. All those models and actresses do not look like that at all. When you see them without make up they look horrible. There is only a few that look decent without makeup. I have no problem with Oprah promoting herself, all the crap she went through when she was growing up as a child. Plus she bought one of my relatives from hurricane katrina a new home so I have a great deal of respect for Oprah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 12:09 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,789,269 times
Oh she's just trying to keep up with Michelle Obama, LOL!

Old 05-03-2009, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcj View Post
All of those magazines are airbrushed. All those models and actresses do not look like that at all. When you see them without make up they look horrible. There is only a few that look decent without makeup. I have no problem with Oprah promoting herself, all the crap she went through when she was growing up as a child. Plus she bought one of my relatives from hurricane katrina a new home so I have a great deal of respect for Oprah.
So if none of them are hot, how do the get modeling jobs in the first place?

Old 05-03-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
The only problem I see with that is that she seems to have the corner market on "copyrighting" herself as a completely uber-beautiful woman when she is actually quite ordinary if not less than average.
I'm still trying to figure out how she makes so much money, myself. She doesn't manufacture anything that I know of, for example.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:24 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,012,572 times
people get modeling obs because they photograph well or have great bone structure, or are tall and skinny. good make up, lighting and photographer can do wonders. or if you have an interesting face will do it as well. oprah makes money on her show, she owns it, produces it, she makes money on her magazines and also produces movies and other things. she gives a ton of money to charity ...ilovcj..what a wonderful thing for your family member to get a house after the horror of katrina.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:29 AM

298 posts, read 715,951 times
If you were publishing your pictures for everyone to see, you would try to look your best too. She might have a big ego (or she might have a regular size ego just like pretty much everyone else here?), but the fact that she wants to put her best face forward is not really an indication of that. That's just normal.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:30 PM

726 posts, read 2,268,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVbulldawg View Post
If you were publishing your pictures for everyone to see, you would try to look your best too. She might have a big ego (or she might have a regular size ego just like pretty much everyone else here?), but the fact that she wants to put her best face forward is not really an indication of that. That's just normal.
Yeah I agree also. I wouldn't want an unflattering pic of myself to be published.
She annoys me sometimes, but she has to look her best, as does everyone else.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:28 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,485 times
I just find her very uninteresting.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,289,660 times
I think over the years people have just become very disconnected from her. She really isn't the 'every woman' anymore, given her insane amount of wealth which is something very few if any of us have. I still find some of her shows insightful, unless of course shes interrupting the guest and answering her own questions for them.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:41 AM

9 posts, read 16,491 times
Oprah is SOO far beyond caring about what people think about her peronally. She has become an American ICON/Entertainment Legend. When You reach that Level, criticism about things like photographs of her fall on mute ears. It's like telling someone who has just climbed Mount Everest for the 3rd time," Those Shoes You're Wearing are So Tacky!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities