Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 11:55 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times

Advertisements

PARIS - British actress Lucy Gordon, who appeared in “Spider-Man 3,” was found dead in her Paris apartment after apparently committing suicide, French police said Thursday. She was 28.

An autopsy has been ordered to determine the cause of death, though it appeared to be a suicide, said an official with the Paris police headquarters. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of police agency policy, gave no details.

Gordon, who would have turned 29 on Friday, appeared in a dozen films, including as reporter Jennifer Dugan in “Spider-Man 3.” She portrays British singer and actress Jane Birkin in an upcoming biopic about Serge Gainsbourg.

Gordon’s father said the death was a “complete shock.”

Speaking from the family’s home in Oxford, Richard Gordon told Britain’s Press Association that his daughter was “a natural actress all her life, since she was about 2.”

“She’s always loved being on stage and in front of the camera and she has kept all her naturalness and charm all the way through. She has been the most beautiful daughter. We are obviously devastated.”

He said she loved her latest role, in the Gainsbourg film, and thought the cast was “wonderfully creative and supportive.”

He added that his daughter spent much of her childhood and her summer vacations in France and was bilingual. She recently moved to Paris after living in New York.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 12:02 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
How tragic that someone could be in such despair that they could think of, then follow through with such.

Old 05-24-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
How tragic that someone could be in such despair that they could think of, then follow through with such.

I understand how she felt.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:20 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,287,967 times
I read some reports that authorities are questioning her boyfriend as they have reason to believe it may have actually been a homoicide.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:36 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,017,733 times
Quote:

The difference between those that follow through and those that do not, is in the mind.

The fine line between when you consider it and when you follow through with it, is so narrow that if you can't convince yourself not to in a split second, that's it.

Some people don't think that fast.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
egads--hanging though!
No...when I decide to check out, it will be in a less painful way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
The difference between those that follow through and those that do not, is in the mind.

The fine line between when you consider it and when you follow through with it, is so narrow that if you can't convince yourself not to in a split second, that's it.

Some people don't think that fast.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:21 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,017,733 times
Quote:
egads--hanging though!
No...when I decide to check out, it will be in a less painful way.
It's psychological. I'm guessing she was an emotional wreck. She probably had a lot of emotional abuse in her life, to the point she started to get numb to the pain. Hanging yourself, feeling that moment of pain, was probably a relief.

As morbid as this statement sounds...you can tell a lot by how someone commits suicide.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:46 AM

26,206 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Here's a link with quite a few pix and a good deal of info, including that she hung herself and left two suicide notes.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:35 PM

151 posts, read 459,519 times
Unhappy Suicidal thoughts are more common that you think

I see my future becoming more and more bleak with aging parents, a job that isn't as promising, and being single. I don't care as much about the single part as I do about the job prospects. Yes, I live in Chicago, but everything here is expensive, so you have less disposable income at the end of the week. I think about opening a health club, day spa, or something that has to do with yoga, since I practice this in my spare time. It has trimmed me considerably and I'm much thinner than ten years ago. I think about Colorado or even Nevada because I would love the sunny skies, fewer rainy days, and just slower pace of life. I don't blame this girl for just snapping and ending it all, especially with what is happening in our world.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGerardo View Post
I see my future becoming more and more bleak with aging parents, a job that isn't as promising, and being single. I don't care as much about the single part as I do about the job prospects. Yes, I live in Chicago, but everything here is expensive, so you have less disposable income at the end of the week. I think about opening a health club, day spa, or something that has to do with yoga, since I practice this in my spare time. It has trimmed me considerably and I'm much thinner than ten years ago. I think about Colorado or even Nevada because I would love the sunny skies, fewer rainy days, and just slower pace of life. I don't blame this girl for just snapping and ending it all, especially with what is happening in our world.

I don't blame Lucy Gordon either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities