Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2009, 05:33 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
I don't trust People.com

She was always the legal part of MJ's kids beside MJ. She gave birth to them

If she had signed her legal rights away she would have had no claim to them whatsoever. Perhaps she would have been granted them if she went to court to have it reversed, but I'm not sure. I hope she kept in touch with them while they were growing up- if not this has to be so much harder on the children.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:40 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,529,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
If she had signed her legal rights away she would have had no claim to them whatsoever. Perhaps she would have been granted them if she went to court to have it reversed, but I'm not sure. I hope she kept in touch with them while they were growing up- if not this has to be so much harder on the children.
Its all over the TV..
pretty much what I posted from people.com is what they are saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by People article
During the custody fight between Rowe and Jackson in 2005, Rowe sought to give up her parental rights, and lauded Michael as a good father. Retired Judge Stephen Lachs, who presided over the hearing, at first agreed to terminate them, but then Lachs changed his mind and returned the rights to her.

"She lost them, and then she got them back," Finsilver says. Finsilver said she spoke to Rowe on Thursday but she cannot say what Rowe plans to do. "She was inconsolable."

Old 06-26-2009, 07:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
You've got to be kidding me .
lets face it, there seems to be a generation or maybe culture that will put him in a catagory similar to God. Some people can't understand that each generation has an icon. For many the Beatles will always be the best, others will say Elvis and there are those, right now, that put MJ at the top. Whether some of you want to beleive this or not, it is perception and opinion only. There is no way to say anyone is "the best" and expect everyone else to agree.

Nita

Old 06-26-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Question: What do Michael Jackson, Jack Benny and Roger Staubach have in common?
Answer: This thread.
Icons in their time, plus I believe the comment was about who would we miss when they were gone or who do we miss of those who have gone, not what they have in common...

Nita

Old 06-26-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy View Post
There's a difference between top entertainers and THE top entertainer . Can you please tell me how Jack Benny has the same impact as Michael Jackson? You're comparing apples and Oranges, why not compare Michael Jackson to Sigmond Freud or some random person like you're doing?

You can go to people in China and ask who Elvis was they will know even though most were not alive when he was. Jack Benny people will be confused. Micheal Jackson will always be the same way.
you need to ask those who lived during the second world war and into the 60s and 70s about people like him. Of course no one in Japan would have a clue who is was or few would, we didn't have the media or the world travel that exists today. It is all relavent...

Nita

Old 06-26-2009, 07:17 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
i'm sorry ... i don't even like to get into this discussion but, regardless of who sold how many records, musically, michael jackson doesn't touch the beatles ... truly.
someone referred to him as a musical genius.
nope.
please.
he was an amazing performer (not my kinda thing but that's besides the point), dancer and a very creative guy.
let's distinguish that from a musical genius.
beatles = genius (though it's not a word i like to use when referring to great art or artists).
Stick with the boardwalk, the volleyball nets, and the surf boards, and leave musical talent judgments to us heavy-hitters. Michael Jackson far exceeds beatles or anyone else you care to line up....and don't you forget it either.

Last edited by LexusNexus; 06-26-2009 at 07:33 PM..

Old 06-26-2009, 07:27 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,868 times
What a lot of people forget and what I admire about people in Michael's time and the people that came before him is that being a person of color you had to be more than just a singer, more than just a great dancer, you had to have more than just pure talent, you had to battle adversity on another level than what kids in the business have to face today. Just amazing what he was able to accomplish. He challenged many racial boundaries and many people did not see color with him. Just amazing.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:34 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
What a lot of people forget and what I admire about people in Michael's time and the people that came before him is that being a person of color you had to be more than just a singer, more than just a great dancer, you had to have more than just pure talent, you had to battle adversity on another level than what kids in the business have to face today. Just amazing what he was able to accomplish. He challenged many racial boundaries and many people did not see color with him. Just amazing.
So true, but such achievements are lost on some people who are clueless today.

Old 06-26-2009, 07:51 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,911,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
What an amazing talent. And not only him, but the entire family. However, Michael was special.

I feel that his childhood was taken away from him though...

Old 06-26-2009, 07:57 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,181,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Haven't read through this whole thread to see if this was addressed so my apologies ahead of time if it already has....

I just listened to the 911 call. What struck me was the fact that when the 911 operator asked where "he" was, the caller said "on the bed". The dispatcher then said to move him to the floor to perform CPR. The caller then stated there was a Dr. there and CPR was being performed...Wouldn't a doctor know to move him to the floor to perform CPR? That sounds very odd to me. Among all the other stuff but that seems pretty basic.
We said the same thing here when we heard that tonight. I think all these Hollywood type doctors should be held accountable for all their celebs meds. Until they start feeling the heat all these celebs dying from presciption drug over doses won't stop neither will their addictions.

If I go to a different doctor other than my family one they write me a script for something that will not work with something I am taking my pharmacy tells me and calls the doctor before filling it. How hard would that be for celebs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities