Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2009, 10:50 AM

540 posts, read 1,329,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
Objectively, by all accounts, he was a loving father.
He had a stable staff- the same nanny for many years- to take up some of the slack.
His eldest are young teenagers.
They are certainly old enough by now to have rebelled/spoken out if they didn't like conditions in the Jackson home. I don't think- for the past several years- Jackson has really been in any condition to stop them.
Well that nanny is already talking and it ain't pretty. I'm surprised she is talking so soon.I thought she would at least wait until she had a book deal locked up. I won't repeat what she she said here. It is quite devastating.

The circus sideshow has begun

Old 06-28-2009, 11:06 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,065,277 times
Oh, NO say it ain't so!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2009, 11:39 AM

335 posts, read 938,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
I spent yesterday thinking about all the child molestation allegations. I never really looked in to it; 4 years ago when he was acquitted I decided he was innocent and moved on. Anyway I came across this GQ article from 1994, Was Michael Jackson Framed. For those of you who are so rabid about insisting that MJ was a child molester I think you should read it with an open mind.

Was Michael Jackson Framed?

Everyone should read this article with an open mind and think about it. People don't want to do that, they read allegations, look to the fact that his appearance and behavior don't conform to societal norms and that's it...he is guilty to them. Purely anecdotal, but I had a teacher accused of sexual misconduct with a student. After a local media circus, it finally came out that the "victim" lied (for attention? Still don't know why) and all charges were dropped. But the damage it did to the teacher was more than he could handle and eventually he took his own life. It was so tragic and shows the power of accusations and being fried in the court of public opinion.

Old 06-28-2009, 11:44 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personalensign79 View Post
Everyone should read this article with an open mind and think about it. People don't want to do that, they read allegations, look to the fact that his appearance and behavior don't conform to societal norms and that's it...he is guilty to them. Purely anecdotal, but I had a teacher accused of sexual misconduct with a student. After a local media circus, it finally came out that the "victim" lied (for attention? Still don't know why) and all charges were dropped. But the damage it did to the teacher was more than he could handle and eventually he took his own life. It was so tragic and shows the power of accusations and being fried in the court of public opinion.
I'd rep you again if I could. I've heard of several cases where people were accused of something tht wasn't true and it devastated them. Some never recovered. They knew that even tho' they were cleared, there would always be the holier-than-thous continuing to judge them.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:23 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,013,307 times
It's ironic that so many who tout the American justice system as the ultimate best are the very same folks who disapprove/distrust when the court results do not reflect their feelings.

personalensign79, I know of someone else who had the same thing happen; the victim lied because she was a spoiled rich you-know-what who got bent out of shape and then used her parents' influence to bring down a well-liked teacher.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I'd rep you again if I could. I've heard of several cases where people were accused of something tht wasn't true and it devastated them. Some never recovered. They knew that even tho' they were cleared, there would always be the holier-than-thous continuing to judge them.
thank you

Yup, that's what happens. He was cleared yet still had to face the judging faces at the supermarket or wherever he went in the area. He was such a kind and gentle man it broke my heart to hear about it.

In the case of MJ, I just wish more people would look at it with an open mind and if they still draw the same conclusion then so be it. But...they don't.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
It's ironic that so many who tout the American justice system as the ultimate best are the very same folks who disapprove/distrust when the court results do not reflect their feelings.

personalensign79, I know of someone else who had the same thing happen; the victim lied because she was a spoiled rich you-know-what who got bent out of shape and then used her parents' influence to bring down a well-liked teacher.
Isn't it horrible how that can happen? Such a sad situation.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:44 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,065,277 times
Doesn't Dennis Rodman remind you of Michael in a way? People loved his antics mainly the press because he was different and talented. He set the trend for tattoos in the NBA. I myself couldn't wait to see what he was going to do next. The piercing and the hair color change was just not the thing to do in that time. Once "they" got their money's worth he was then seen as a circus and or freak and no one wanted anything to do with him. In the latter part of his career he had tons of lawsuits. Many he had to pay out not to have court cases go on forever IMHO. Some cases were dismissed. But there are a lot of similarities.

Old 06-28-2009, 12:58 PM

723 posts, read 1,633,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Jackson made his own bed. It just happened to have a 12 year old boy in it.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:18 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProgShred View Post
Jackson made his own bed. It just happened to have a 12 year old boy in it.
He was probably high on pills or drunk. Same reason why he hung his baby over a balcony. No though he was a great guy like those on here say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities