Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:32 PM

301 posts, read 1,369,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
That's because he was found not guilty. It's over and done with and you should get over it too because it doesn't matter anymore.
Hold up I'm not the one defacing the man's character in every thread in his honor! In every single thread about this man, some numb skull comes and calls him a molestor and I'm sick of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 01:35 PM

445 posts, read 1,069,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcj View Post
I will remember him as the icon he was, the first to break the barrier on MTV when they did not show African American videos on their channel. I will remember the album "Thriller" which is in the Guiness Book of world records for the best album sold EVER!. No one in this lifetime will ever be bigger than Michael Jackson. People can say what they want, the icon status cannot be denied. As far as the child molestation goes, I dont remember him ever being convicted.
Agree with you 100%. RIP Michael.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisvilleslugger View Post
I swear since the man has died out of every ten people mourning his death there has been on person who is Hell bent on bring up molestation CHARGES brought against this man! Charges yes he was charged, but NOT convicted! That's right a jury after having actually REVIEWED the evidence and the cross examination of the apparently wacky mother of the supposite victim aquitted the man! So why do some of you feel it's so important to label this man a molestor?

Then alot of people have bought off the payoff that Michael gave the original accuser. The first problem with that is how could you allow a man who has suppositely scarred your child for life to pay you off? Michael shouldn't have paid them anything and instead fought it. Sadly it became a domino affect of sorts, you had people with nothing to lose and everything to gain making these unproven claims trying to get a handout.

True that!

Old 06-30-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious01 View Post
As I stated previously, I honestly do not believe he molested children. If nothing else, I find it ironic that out of the hundreds of children who spent time with him at Neverland only 2 lawsuits emerged; both of which were filed by families of poor children whose parents had criminal records and jumped at the opportunity to settle out of court. Even you and everyone else who is convinced that he was a pedophile have to acknowledge that "irony" .

If my child were molested his perpetrator would have spent every minute for the rest of their life wondering when I was coming to kill him/her. There would have been no amount of money in the world to stop me.

We will simply have to agree to disagree.
Excellent point.

Old 06-30-2009, 02:22 PM

723 posts, read 1,630,642 times
Hey guys. The question was "how do you think he will be remembered?" It wasn't supposed to turn into a tinkling contest.

I guess the mods can close the thread, because it looks like we're all done here.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:18 PM

23,821 posts, read 33,345,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisvilleslugger View Post
I swear since the man has died out of every ten people mourning his death there has been on person who is Hell bent on bring up molestation CHARGES brought against this man! Charges yes he was charged, but NOT convicted! That's right a jury after having actually REVIEWED the evidence and the cross examination of the apparently wacky mother of the supposite victim aquitted the man! So why do some of you feel it's so important to label this man a molestor?

Then alot of people have bought off the payoff that Michael gave the original accuser. The first problem with that is how could you allow a man who has suppositely scarred your child for life to pay you off? Michael shouldn't have paid them anything and instead fought it. Sadly it became a domino affect of sorts, you had people with nothing to lose and everything to gain making these unproven claims trying to get a handout.
Maybe you should prepare links to show that he was acquitted and keep pasting them in.

Also find the article where his ex attorney spoke about how bad of representation he had and that they told him to pay them off.

They also claimed he wasn't physically well to keep going but at the 2nd trial after he'd been hospitalized so many times he was still well enough to climb on the roof of a full sized SUV and wave to everyone.

I actually did some reading, lots of reading the last few days. Even with that I still don't have an opinion. Honestly I couldn't climb on a car with my back problems.. I don't know how he did.

And last, the more people comment about it, the more people will reply about it, for, against or neutral. Just ignore the people that keep saying he's guilty and maybe they will stop posting if there is no audience to read it.

Old 06-30-2009, 05:39 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,623,710 times
I don't know about history but my first memory of Michael Jackson was an epic fail on my part because I assumed that he was a lady on tv. I was born in 86, so I missed out on the greatness...My impression of him isn't all that good (weird and self-hating comes to mind). My mother was a fan of his so I did hear some of his early stuff,I like "Man in the Mirror", "Billie Jean", and "You are not alone." I kind of like "Don't Stop Till you Get Enough" only because Chris Tucker sung it in Rush Hour (LOL). I'm a eighties kid and I remember Jacko in satire throughout the 90s-00s. I really think it's sad that he hated himself so much that he tried to become White and then lie about it when it was so obvious.

Old 06-30-2009, 06:01 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,947,368 times
My opinion regarding the original question is that he will be remembered for both his talent and all the controversy that surrounded him.

I have never been a Michael Jackson fan, although I do feel he was a very talented guy.

I am saddened by this. Not just because he passed away, but for all the sadness he experienced in his lifetime, and for the hypocracy from so many towards him.

- The media that swooped in like vultures to report every piece of dirty gossip they could find on him, making fun of his many plastic surgeries, fears, and his legal issues, yet now they say wonderful things and make him out to be a god.

- The blacks that shunned and made fun of him, saying he was trying to be white, yet now he is suddenly a hero again.

- His own family, who except for his mother didn't seem to be very supportive of him except on a few occasions. His father's recent behavior angers and disgusts me, and I don't understand why the media is giving him one minute of air time now that he's promoting a new record label and saying off the wall things about Michael, making him into a god. Why wasn't he a FATHER to Michael ? If Michael was abusing drugs, why didn't they step in to help him, even if it entailed tough love ?

I have watched a couple of documentaries on him lately, to include interviews with him. It has always been easy to judge him, but now I think I have more compassion towards him after seeing all he went through during his life. Yes he was eccentric and strange, made unwise decisions and hundreds of millions of dollars, but it is so obvious that he was a very unhappy and insecure person.

I wish the media would back off and let the man rest in peace.

Last edited by mainegirl; 06-30-2009 at 06:27 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-30-2009, 06:34 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,623,710 times
^^^ Mainegirl, I do agree with you hypocrisy of some in the media (Martin Bashir). I realize that Jacko was an icon, troubled to the point of insanity (or close to it). Like others have stated, he had no foundation (childhood) so he was very unstable (wierd). I heard that song "Stranger in Moscow" and all I remember is him screaming that he was lonely (his life was really messed up to make him produce that).

Old 06-30-2009, 09:36 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,628,498 times
Letter to the community surrounding Neverland regarding Michael Jackson's death and the memorial service:

Man whose company owns Neverland sends open letter to community | L.A. Now | Los Angeles Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities