Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 10:06 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
I agree.
The exception would be if it could be proven that he bought the children (human trafficking is highly frowned upon in our country), or somehow coerced or blackmailed Rowe and/or Blanket's biological mother into giving them to him and staying away.
Jane... It was NOT human trafficking!! He paid a SURROGATE to have his children ....COMPLETELY LEGAL!! He is the father---NO ands, ifs or buts about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 10:06 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Yes I did catch that. It's a shame that MJ didn't specify that JJ was NOT to benefit from any MJ money.
Well Tex that's my point ...I believe Jermaine doesn't feel that way about his father...at least publically he is not going to suggest his father would be harmful to or shouldn't be involved in those kids lives financially or otherwise.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:08 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Jane... It was NOT human trafficking!! He paid a SURROGATE to have his children ....COMPLETELY LEGAL!! He is the father---NO ands, ifs or buts about it.
Not from what they are saying.
One of his attorneys said he bought the kid on the "black market"
The person carrying the child did not know he was going to MJ.

It had to be done this way due to the case at the time or something like that.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Larry wasn't married to Anna. I don't think she married the lawyer until further down the line...but I still stand by my opinion because MJ's situation is completely different than Anna's was.
You are right--two entirely different situations. Let me try again!!

You stated that if 2 people are legally married and the wife gets impregnated by another male, other than her husband, the other male has no legal claims on said child. I don't buy that. With DNA testing today...that man could come in and claim that child as his biological child and gain custudy, at the very least, visitation! That man does have rights to his child, whether or not she is married to someone else. That's the way it works in good ole PA.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:10 AM

"Blanket" (who names their kid that) could be a different case but I don't think a court will ever rule he is not the sole legal child of MJ. JMO.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:11 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
The guy is a sleazy disgusting windbag.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Well Tex that's my point ...I believe Jermaine doesn't feel that way about his father...at least publically he is not going to suggest his father would be harmful to or shouldn't be involved in those kids lives financially or otherwise.
I agree...he would never diss his father in public, especially with all that is going on. They need to stand united now for the childrens sake because if a judge sees discension among the ranks...

Old 07-03-2009, 10:13 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
"Blanket" (who names their kid that) could be a different case but I don't think a court will ever rule he is not the sole legal child of MJ. JMO.
Blanket legally isn't part of his name - it's a nickname after the blanket incident.

Quote:

You stated that if 2 people are legally married and the wife gets impregnated by another male, other than her husband, the other male has no legal claims on said child. I don't buy that. With DNA testing today...that man could come in and claim that child as his biological child and gain custudy, at the very least, visitation! That man does have rights to his child, whether or not she is married to someone else. That's the way it works in good ole PA.
How about the lesbians that used a friend to donate sperm so that her & her partner could have children? They broke up, the one is looking for child support from said male friend and won in court because he was the biological child of the man.

DNA testing is fairly new, I think that it very well could change laws.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Not from what they are saying.
One of his attorneys said he bought the kid on the "black market"
The person carrying the child did not know he was going to MJ.

It had to be done this way due to the case at the time or something like that.
Are we talking about the youngest, Blanket? This is news to me...first I heard of him being bought on the "black market"....who reported this?? Who is "they"?

Old 07-03-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:

Hmmm well I have seen what I have mentioned played out and also saw my opine batted back to that theory recently by a talking head regarding MJ.

We will have to see but I gotta stand by my opinion. Noone else will be able to come in and ever be determined the legal father of the oldest 2 kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities