Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 09:04 PM

Location: Upstate NY for now. Hanover, New Hampshire come the fall.
99 posts, read 153,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Here he is with "Rev." Jackson, taken today, a few hours ago at the family home. His son has just died.

Well, these do not look to me like a man in mourning. Guess he's the star now. Sheeesh.

These were taken a couple of hours after Mike died.
And they wonder why Michael went nuts. With an opportunistic attention-***** of a father like that, I'd probably not have survived as long as MJ did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 12:36 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLaw45 View Post
Joe Jackson is the reason that so many people regarded Michael as a "weirdo" or "freak". He screwed that kid up big time.

One thing I've noticed with talented people: when they are pushed too hard from too early an age, they grow up and go crazy. It actually happens a lot in the sports world, where overzealous fathers start training their kids to be the next Joe Montana from age 3. These kids grow up with mountains of pressure and when they finally make it to the higher levels of competition with all of the perks and notoriety(big time college sports and the pros), they go absolutely berserk. Many of them flame out right then and there-a few manage to overcome it and become successful. They all suffer immensely.

MJ was no different.
I have to agree "in general" with what you are saying I see it all the time in kids around our parts being pushed to soon to hard in a sport. By the time they are in high school where they have been groomed to be the best they have legs blown out, arm injuries, shin splits. All for what? So a parent can try to get their kid in the spotlight where they may or may not have been? Yes there are successful stories as well but the early pushing that causes failure are far greater if we are all honest about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Donny Osmond was a child star and he didn't turn out weird.
Not like MJ was talked about but I remember being a teen & hearing "weird" stories on the Osmond clan and their religious beliefs too~~that many thought were wacky. I just don't think they were pushed as hard as the Jacksons were. They were a gifted & talented family too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Jaxson although I could not stomach watching all this garbage on TV and local TV is STILL making it a top story I cannot believe that citizens and fans are expected to pay for all the ceremonies etc......

If we have a loved one die then it is the family that pays and also for "after the funeral" get togethers.

The people that showed up were basically there for the cameras? Any single one of them could have written a check and it wouldn't hurt their pocketbooks.

Just my two cents.
I agree CW~~ they should have had donation cans set up if the city felt the need for money. I would more likely put a donation in a can then pay to view a memorial like Joe Jackson was wanting it to be. That turns my stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
I would be pissed if I was a CA taxpayer.
You got that right but if I was a CA resident I would have already been ticked years ago with the way that state is run. Like CW said if it were our family we would have to pay I think the Jacksons should kick in for the expenses also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Here he is with "Rev." Jackson, taken today, a few hours ago at the family home. His son has just died.
Well, these do not look to me like a man in mourning. Guess he's the star now. Sheeesh.
These were taken a couple of hours after Mike died.
He is a clown he knows he will never be in the spotlight again unless it is something to do with MJ. Sickening even the so called man of the cloth Jesse. Jamie Fox lost any respect I ever had for him after his hosting of the BET awards also that was sickening.

Now somebody please tell me why at the memorial the family all had to wear dark shades????? Except his kids, that their ID's had always been protected, they all had on dark shades. That big floppy hat LaToya had on was to much too. I know they are grieving so I will leave it at that.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:59 AM

20,797 posts, read 9,741,931 times
I agree with the outfits. You have everyone in their shades and the mourning clothes and then along comes Mariah Carey in the very "inappropriate" mouring dress.
I am no prude but I definately would not go to a wake funeral or memorial dressed like that. To me that was disrespectful but I think the whole thing was ridiculous. They certainly came out of the woodwork.

I guess the world is their stage.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:45 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
I agree with the outfits. You have everyone in their shades and the mourning clothes and then along comes Mariah Carey in the very "inappropriate" mouring dress.
I am no prude but I definately would not go to a wake funeral or memorial dressed like that. To me that was disrespectful but I think the whole thing was ridiculous. They certainly came out of the woodwork.

I guess the world is their stage.
You know Mariah has to make it about her, no matter where she is or what she's doing! She apologized for her performance at the memorial. She said she was trying to choke back tears and that's why she sounded so horrible. Okay, I understand that, but Usher was visibly choking back tears and he sounded good.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:13 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,509,114 times
has anyone seen this yet?

Perez Hilton: Jackson Family Profits Off Michael's Death!!!!

Old 07-10-2009, 11:29 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times
Tonight on our local Indy news they were showing the memorial up in Gary, IN where Joe was there with Jesse Jackson. Joe was asked if it was good to be back home to which he replied "I have traveled all around the world it is always nice to be back home". What a crock this man spewed!

He lives a fabulous life in CA, rubs elbows with the rich & famous but yet he wants to be back in the dead end town of Gary, IN? Whatever. That is even sadder than the town of Gary now starting up bus tours of the "famous" Jackson places in town. My goodness the family left when MJ was 11 years old he was 50 when he died! They are going to show you the house they all lived in, the school, the "night club" they made their 1st paid appearance in which at the time was a strip joint. Oh yeah daddy Joe was thinking like a father then eh? The tour won't be showing you all the murders that is in one of the highest murder capitols of the world.

This death is getting too money hungry ridiculous it is sickening folks it really is.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:11 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,594,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Tonight on our local Indy news they were showing the memorial up in Gary, IN where Joe was there with Jesse Jackson. Joe was asked if it was good to be back home to which he replied "I have traveled all around the world it is always nice to be back home". What a crock this man spewed!

He lives a fabulous life in CA, rubs elbows with the rich & famous but yet he wants to be back in the dead end town of Gary, IN? Whatever. That is even sadder than the town of Gary now starting up bus tours of the "famous" Jackson places in town. My goodness the family left when MJ was 11 years old he was 50 when he died! They are going to show you the house they all lived in, the school, the "night club" they made their 1st paid appearance in which at the time was a strip joint. Oh yeah daddy Joe was thinking like a father then eh? The tour won't be showing you all the murders that is in one of the highest murder capitols of the world.

This death is getting too money hungry ridiculous it is sickening folks it really is.
Good posting! For some odd reason I can't rep you even though I have spread it around.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:16 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times
I believe Joe Jackson lives in Las Vegas, not Los Angeles. I don't watch Good Morning America, but if Joe Jackson made these comments about Paris and Blanket being future stars, he could be jeopardizing Katherine's chance at being appointed guardian. It's no secret he used physical and mental abuse on his children if they did not meet his expectations in their performances. Now, when MJ hasn't even been buried yet, he wants to teach the kids "the ABC's of show business". I don't think Debby Rowe would be trying to gain custody if she could be assured Joe would have no part in their upbringing. I can see the $$$ in Joe's eyes.
Joe Jackson sees Paris, Blanket as future stars

Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 AM

2,043 posts, read 5,052,572 times
I don't agree with a lot of Joe Jackson's tactics, but without him, the Michael Jackson, we know and love, wouldn't exist. He saw that his kids were talented and used it to get the heck up out of depressing Gary, Indiana so in a way, I can't blame him. If they would've stayed in Gary, who knows how those boys would of turned out.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:09 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post

YouTube - 2300 Jackson street

Remeber this??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities