Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times

Advertisements

People Magazine confirms Michael left all his assets to the Jackson Family Trust. The will does not specifically exclude Joe Jackson as had been rumored. Janet Jackson may not be permanent executor. The Jackson family has been provided a copy of the will which will filed in court tomorrow.
Clip:
The deceased pop star left all his assets to the Michael Jackson Family Trust and has named his mother Katherine, 79, as guardian of his children – Prince, 12, Paris, 11, and Blanket, 7. Attorney John Branca and John McClain, a music executive, are named as executors.
Family Reviews Michael Jackson's Will : People.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 11:38 AM

MJ's will names Diana Ross as guardian for his three children if his mother is not living at the time of his death. The will specificially excludes Debbi Rowe from any money.

Michael Jackson's will: If mom's dead, Diana Ross is guardian of kids

Old 07-01-2009, 12:24 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Isn't Diana Ross up there in age too??? Why not Janet or Latoya have custody? Why Michael's MOTHER???? It makes no sense. She took care of her 5 kids a long time ago----she is too old to be caring for them. What if she falls over and drops?????? then what???

This is going to go on for years....sadly.Everyone wants a piece of the pie...

Old 07-01-2009, 01:31 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Just looked, Diana Ross is supposedly 65. I thought she was at least in her early 70's.
I don't recall her being only 15 years older then Micheal.

I do not agree with his mother having custody if Joe is in the house and if there is no nanny.
I don't want to see the kids split up and would love to see Janet take them.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:40 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't want to see the kids split up and would love to see Janet take them.
Janet may be a non-children person (otherwise she'd have her own kids). It's a pickle, really. An 80 year old grandmother with a shark of a husband, or a 65 year old woman, who may or may not have been close to the kids.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:49 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
Janet may be a non-children person (otherwise she'd have her own kids). It's a pickle, really. An 80 year old grandmother with a shark of a husband, or a 65 year old woman, who may or may not have been close to the kids.
Or the judge does what he wants; which is what I think will happen.
Katherine will get temporary custody until more can be determined.

I think it will end up between Debbie Rowe getting all or "her" 2 or Janet with "Blanket" or the 3.

On Issues with Jane Valez - they said that Micheal has spoken out against his father abusing him so much that it very well could hurt Katherine getting the kids.. especially with Joe's big mouth lately saying "WE" to raise them. Attorneys on that show also said that it's possible bio parents will come out of the woodwork and they very well could get the kid(s) that belong to them since it appears Micheal never legally adopted any of them.

Very messy situation according to legal experts.

Old 07-01-2009, 02:01 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,451,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
since it appears Micheal never legally adopted any of them.
The kids are not his on paper?????

I think no matter who get the custody of the kids, they will be sent away to some rich boarding school, since there will be enough money to pay room + board, and not enough heart-warming love from any of the parties. So far, the kids seems to be as enigmatic as MJ himself. Who can claim to know them enough to take on them?

Last edited by nuala; 07-01-2009 at 02:21 PM..

Old 07-01-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Isn't Diana Ross up there in age too??? Why not Janet or Latoya have custody? Why Michael's MOTHER???? It makes no sense. She took care of her 5 kids a long time ago----she is too old to be caring for them. What if she falls over and drops?????? then what???

This is going to go on for years....sadly.Everyone wants a piece of the pie...
LaToya declared Michael guilty during the 1993 molestation case. I understand she lives in Europe and doesn't have much contact with the family. She'd be the last person to have the kids.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:02 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
LaToya declared Michael guilty during the 1993 molestation case. I understand she lives in Europe and doesn't have much contact with the family. She'd be the last person to have the kids.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't know that. I knew one of the siblings was estranged from him...I know she showed up right away at the hospital when he died...

I thnk Janet should have them too...but as someone else said, she is kidless now.....unless she wants them..Maybe she couldn't have kids for some reason?

Quote:
I think it will end up between Debbie Rowe getting all or "her" 2 or Janet with "Blanket" or the 3.

On Issues with Jane Valez - they said that Micheal has spoken out against his father abusing him so much that it very well could hurt Katherine getting the kids.. especially with Joe's big mouth lately saying "WE" to raise them. Attorneys on that show also said that it's possible bio parents will come out of the woodwork and they very well could get the kid(s) that belong to them since it appears Micheal never legally adopted any of them.

Very messy situation according to legal experts.
Roseveler--ITA!! Maybe Kathryn will only get temp. custody hopefully. I would not want Joe to be near those kids!!!

Old 07-01-2009, 04:27 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,243,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Yea, LaToya said she had proof that MJ was a pedafile and demanded x amount from the tabloids (I forget which ones). When they talked to her they found out that the info wasn't what she said it was, and that she was just fishing for money.

Rumor has it that Janet has a daughter and turned custody over to the father, I believe, so I don't know if she is parent worthy.

I will say, this drama as it unfolds, is certainly a diversion from all the unemployment, Honduras, Iran, Iraq, blah blah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities