Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 02:21 PM

304 posts, read 855,015 times

Advertisements

It was the best memorial for someone like Michael...he deserved it...he was the best . I am glad that his daughter Paris Katherine spoke.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:23 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,583,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgal View Post
Thanks gold*dust1 for starting this thread. I had planned on watching just a few minutes, but you guys made it nice to share.

I am not an MJ fan, but like it or not, he is woven into the fabric of Americana. I was interested more because of that and the moment in history.
You're welcome I share your sentiments! I guess over all I do like a *few* of his songs.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:24 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,350,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I actually got teary eyed when Mariah Carey sang............
and saw the hearse pull up also.....
Quote:
I am sorry but Blanket sucks for a name.
It's a nickname...his real name is Prince Michael II

Quote:
I LOST it totally. I have never seen her speak. What an angel I must say.

He is probably going back to Forest Lawn.....?for the interment with the family? I am sure they will report *newscasters* from the sky...

I think it was very tasteful in my opinion too...I thought it was going to be crazy----but it was dignified and classy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
I bet the coffin is empty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Well people I started to choke up a little when I saw the hearse...I don't know maybe I will give the man in the mirror a break today
I MUST say that I am shocked that y'all watched the memorial! And gold*dust1, I am going to go back and give you a rep for giving the "man in the mirror" a break today. Thank you. Matter of fact, I am going to rep all of the above for not making any snarky comments about Michael and instead y'all focused on the memorial and how moving and sad it was. (OK, couldn't rep Gold or NJ, but I will in the future when permitted!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I thought the entire Memorial was in good taste; even the preaching and politicians weren't too bad. It could have been waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over the top, but wasn't.
The only thing I would like to have seen more of would have been clips of Michael performing from child to adult.
I feel bad for his family, very very bad for his children.
Enjoyed sharing it with you guys........
I agree...I believe it was in excellent taste with the exception of Al Sharpton. I totally lost it when Brooke Shields took the stage and then bawled like a baby over Paris's proclamation that she had "the best daddy in the whole world."

No matter what your opinions are of Michael as a man, he was truly a genius in the music industry. I will forever smile when I hear his music and I will go to my grave believing in his innocence re: the "charges".

R.I.P. Michael

YouTube - Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror

Last edited by TexasGirl@Heart; 07-07-2009 at 02:34 PM..

Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,221,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
I'm not a big fan of Al Sharpton but his speech was moving as well as the congresswoman and Brooke Shields speech. "Heal The World" is one of my favorite songs and it really moved me. People may bash me for my opinion but tough.........MJ was a great entertainer.
They were my favorites as well. I also really enjoyed John Mayer on the Guitar and Smoky Robinson.
And yes MJ was a great entertainer, also did lots for charity ect.
And Bless his Children.

All in all very nicely done.

Last edited by Summerz; 07-07-2009 at 02:36 PM.. Reason: Smoky Robinson

Old 07-07-2009, 02:27 PM

83 posts, read 271,075 times
Default Paris Katherine Jackson

I simply loved the service. It was respectful and tastefully done. I got my first rush of emotion when listening to Reverand Al Sharpton talk to Michael's children. Then Brooke Sheilds' emotions got to me too. Usher's tears at the end of his song and the fact that he wept on Michael's mother really brought on the waterworks for me. But the part that completely broke me down was watching the lovely Paris Jackson weep for her daddy.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:27 PM

10,823 posts, read 14,898,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Extremely disorganized sofar and lots of empty seats.
Maybe some ropes around Michael's wrists and legs so they can puppet master his decayed corpse on stage doing the moonwalk for the last time?

Talking about milking it for all its worth.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:34 PM

51,696 posts, read 15,662,386 times
nicet4,

Have some respect for the dead.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:36 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,812,044 times
Also some respect for the children.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:36 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,138,860 times
Michael would forgive you for your unkind words. He would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Maybe some ropes around Michael's wrists and legs so they can puppet master his decayed corpse on stage doing the moonwalk for the last time?

Talking about milking it for all its worth.

Old 07-07-2009, 02:38 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,857,482 times
I thought it was a very nice memorial. It was so sincere....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.