Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 01:16 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,067,624 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Bobby has a kid with another woman. But what is new? How many kids does this man have anyways? Bobby has been cheating on her for years. So Bobby having another baby mama won't stop the two from reconnecting. Hopefully, for the new kid he might try paying some child support so he won't end up in jail again. After all, Whitney is not there to pay the bill.

It was also strange that Whitney said that she was tired of all the rumors and stories which most of them were true and that she was tired of people commenting about her private life. Why is she then doing an interview with Oprah? I would have been happy with an album release and no interview. Whitney has put much of her life out there. Everyone knows about reality shows. It was also irritating that she said she never knew all the cameras would be there. Give me a break. She has to consent to all the cameras. Why the cry for sympathy. She messed up and it is ok, she shouldn't blame Bobby.

Whitney is in her 40's right? Anyone know how old she is? She looks good to me. Her voice is the problem. When she talks it just sounds so harsh and raspy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 02:34 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
After years of silence, Whitney Houston finally revealed the drama, drugs and disrespect that defined her relationship with ex-husband Bobby Brown in an interview with Oprah Winfrey.

"He spit on me," Houston told Winfrey. "He spit on me. He actually spit on me. And my daughter was coming down the stairs and she saw that."

Whitney Houston Tells Oprah About Abuse, Drugs and Marriage to Bobby Brown - ABC News
I'm not clicking on the link but did Oprah ask Whitney a "are you a virgin?" type question? LOL!

Old 09-15-2009, 03:41 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I'm not clicking on the link but did Oprah ask Whitney a "are you a virgin?" type question? LOL!
I didn't see it but I'm sure there were deep questions which brought painful moments--unless Oprah has changed in the past few years.

I can't remember when I last thought to watch her show or any other show which would numb my poor brain further.

If only 'enough of us' could get together to file a class action law suit against what passes for acceptable programming on the evil box. 'Noone to blame but yourself' would be the response if legal counsel were consulted.

<small rant> There is nothing fit to watch on television. I actually have an acquaintance with a story to rival Whitney's and almost everyone else's that is invited to share on this sort of show. My own family has enough dysfunctions to fill an hour of air time--why, oh why--would I want to know more about how wrong things can go?

Old 09-15-2009, 06:53 PM

726 posts, read 2,269,153 times
I always saw her as the "good girl" who went for the bad guy. She really got screwed up in that marriage. Her public appearances in the last few years, were always controversial. And that crazy reality show they had ??!
It really messed up her image. But its great to see her back on the scene.

I'm glad she found a way to get out of the marriage, because some women can't. But I don't think she's over him....

Old 09-16-2009, 08:41 AM

124 posts, read 270,828 times
Well, I the think Whitney looked beautiful on Oprah. She sounded great. I wish her all the luck in the world.

People are so quick to judge. So many people act like they've never made a mistake, never had a bad relationship, never had people in their lives to disappoint them. If you've never experienced any of these things, then congrats. You're perfect.

Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,861,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnuro View Post
Well, I the think Whitney looked beautiful on Oprah. She sounded great. I wish her all the luck in the world.

People are so quick to judge. So many people act like they've never made a mistake, never had a bad relationship, never had people in their lives to disappoint them. If you've never experienced any of these things, then congrats. You're perfect.

Agreed. I wish Whitney the best of luck in her comethrough or whatever they are calling it. I think she looked great on Oprah. We've all made mistakes, but luckily our mistakes don't get played out for all the world to witness.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:08 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,060 times
Not to offend anyone who is a die hard Whitney fan but I honestly think her hey day is over. Sorry but her performance on Oprah was not the best and I don't see the song she sang being any kind of a hit in the real sense of the word. If that is her voice and range now, I would like to see her be able to do some of her oldies. She still seems a little spun out to me.

She has definitely lost the fresh face and high notes she could hit of yester year. Some performers are like a fine aged wine and some just lose it.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:40 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,067,624 times
gold*dust1 I agree with you. Wonder if she is not financially ok and it why she is trying to make a comeback?

Old 09-16-2009, 12:47 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,230 times
I think she has money. I think she is trying to do a comeback because its for her. I think whatever took place in that marriage she lost the drive to preform. LIke all things that take from us who we really are , she is just trying to get back to who she was before Bobby Brown and music is part of that. Not to say that we should blame Bobby Brown for everything but who thought that she marrying him was going to be good. I 'm sure in time he will speak too. I get why she did the interview.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:12 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,557 times
@ bayarea-girl: Whitney is 46-years-old.

I didn't see the interview, but have read some of the articles on it and I must say, I'm disappointed in Whitney. She's trying to make it seem as though Bobby corrupted her, but in reality, he couldn't make her do anything above what she was willing to do. After all, she had the money, so she was supplying the drugs. I heard rumors for years before Whitney got with Bobby that she was on drugs from her modeling days. So why did she think it was okay to blame Bobby? She has to take responsibility for her actions and what she did; that's the only way she'll be able to move on. I, too, think Whitney still loves Bobby, but I hope they stay away from each other, because they are toxic to each other. As for her comeback, I hope it happens, but I don't think it will. She needs to take some time off, quit smoking (and stay away from the drugs), and stage another comeback in about 3 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities