Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 11:20 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,581,822 times

Advertisements

After years of silence, Whitney Houston finally revealed the drama, drugs and disrespect that defined her relationship with ex-husband Bobby Brown in an interview with Oprah Winfrey.

"He spit on me," Houston told Winfrey. "He spit on me. He actually spit on me. And my daughter was coming down the stairs and she saw that."

Whitney Houston Tells Oprah About Abuse, Drugs and Marriage to Bobby Brown - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
They've just been in the news for how long? No, hadn't a clue

Old 09-15-2009, 06:11 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,564,593 times
I have a feeling she had her little hissy fits and did alot worse to him. She's leaving out the real goods and the hair pullin' brawls I'll just bet those two had.
Whitney: what a great voice, what a great talent but she has to have some screws loose to destroy her career and gorgeous looks like she did.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:12 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,065,277 times
Why would she even do this type of interview with Oprah. The part where Whitney was educating O on doing drugs was crazy. O was trying to I guess be cool in getting educated.

There are two sides to every story and why she stayed with that man when she could have done so much better is very telling. She did a lot of crazy stuff all on her own over the years and she can't blame her man for it all. If I were Whitney when the drug question and Bobby Brown part came up I would have said the news has been reported and it is history so let's move on. What is the point in going over it? She is not telling the whole story.

It seems like she still has a lot of love for the guy and I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up back with him. When she was on GMA and introducing her kid why did she say "Me & Bobby's baby"? She still has love for the dude.

BTW her voice was HORRIBLE on GMA. I really felt it for her. Her voice is gone. Hopefully, she can do whatever Lionel Ritchie did to bring it back.

I'll be watching part 2 today though. Wonder if Oprah will touch on the Ray J relationship?

Old 09-15-2009, 08:21 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,915,922 times
The public apology shtick is the latest step for celebs who screw up. I think the path goes...1) rehab, 2) working out/eating right to get your looks back for a couple months 3) Go on TV to "tell your story" 4) Followup shows to show your 'sincerely ashamed' 4) Take bit role or cameo in TV show to establish level of support 5) Make public appearances to say 'Drugs are bad' 6) Try to rehab career if support is good

Old 09-15-2009, 08:26 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,564,593 times
Whitney has lost alot of her looks. She's looking tired and beat up now. Yes, we all age...but she did not age gracefully. Look at how rough her skin looks on the video on the Oprah.com site.
I wonder if this new album will go much?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:03 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,480,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
After years of silence, Whitney Houston finally revealed the drama, drugs and disrespect that defined her relationship with ex-husband Bobby Brown in an interview with Oprah Winfrey.
"He spit on me," Houston told Winfrey. "He spit on me. He actually spit on me. And my daughter was coming down the stairs and she saw that."

Whitney Houston Tells Oprah About Abuse, Drugs and Marriage to Bobby Brown - ABC News
'After years of silence'?

I suppose I didn't know that he spat upon her but I had a pretty good idea of what the relationship/lifestyle was like.

I saw a clip of Whitney seated next to Oprah struggling for words and I thought I was going to hear something truly shocking. I live in Atlanta and the numerous court appearances of both Whitney and Bobby were well publicized. It seems that she was in denial about a number of things and good that she no longers suffers from such misconceptions.

Frankly, I have come to the point in my life that the relationship/personal issues of others, celebrities or not, are of little interest. Someone on HLN remarked the other day that drugs/alcohol/substance abuse seemed to play a role in many crimes of passion. I thought this had been established at least a century ago but if there are those among us who haven't heard the news then hopefully they will buy the books written by HLN personalities and make appropriate changes in their lives.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:36 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,470 times
I watched the "O' show last night. I to feel that Whitney should have said to "O" Bobby needs to answer that to most of her questions. Of course she still loves Bobby, you can see that. However, I think she had a choice to make although it wasn't a choice she wanted she did it. Bobby has since moved on and had another child from the rumors in the media. Maybe is years to come Whitney and Bobby will reunite and party on. Know one held a gun to Whitneys head and made her do drugs she did them willingly. She also stayed with Bobby willingly. No time is a good time to air dirty laundry for the price of fame (or a come back)

Old 09-15-2009, 11:15 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,537,632 times
I watched yesterday and today it was a good interview. Although I was kind of taken back by her violence she did to him as well. I think in all their relationship was a mess from the start and continued to go with the dysfunction he has while changing her to meet him in that. I feel for this child they had as I did watch a few of the reality show they did. I happy they split and went their own ways. I did respect Whitney for coming out. I heard her say she doesn't want to keep talking about this or doing interviews on this. She picked Oprah because she trusted her. I think she will not be hopping all over doing interviews. One thing is for sure she was given a gift that being singing and she should be back doing that.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:29 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,549,117 times
For some reason, I can't picture her as the only victim,
one is as quilty as the other, but as a man, he should have
had the strength to walk away and never lay a hand on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
I have a feeling she had her little hissy fits and did alot worse to him. She's leaving out the real goods and the hair pullin' brawls I'll just bet those two had.
Whitney: what a great voice, what a great talent but she has to have some screws loose to destroy her career and gorgeous looks like she did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities