Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 07:18 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,578,554 times

Advertisements

I had heard a few years ago when Carlos Mencia had a tv program that he steals his material. Thought he was sometimes funny, sometimes way too gross (talking about his poop was not too fun), but he was worth watching in the beginning for me. Around the time his show was winding down, I wasn't really enjoying his humor all that much.
THEN I started playing on YouTube.com and looked him up. You would not believe how many bits he has stolen from other comedians WORD FOR WORD!
It's mind blowing! What a douche bag!
Joe Rogan, a well respected comedian, has a video pointing it out as well as plenty of others. So, take a look at YouTube.com for Carlos Mencia's bits as there are a number of videos about his stealing other people's material. What a creep...and how unoriginal, how noncreative and how LAZY can you get?
He's a loser!
I'll NEVER watch Carlos Mencia again now that I know he's a major thief of other people's hard work. That's just my stance on this totally.
Word to Carlos: Get off your lazy butt and write your own stuff, you creep!!!!

**By the way, it is said that comedian/actor Dennis Leary stole entire bits from other people, too. I have to do some homework on this one, also. God, but I hate that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2009, 08:37 AM

OK, I don't know if the Mods will allow a YouTube posting, but here it is. This is just one of the many videos made about Mencia stealing other comedians works (some women comedians work, as well as, many of the male comedians work)--word for word. I mean, at least he could change the wording...but he doesn't. If this post isn't allowed to stay, before you become a big Mencia fan, go look up how much he steals at least. Really a creep!

YouTube - Joe Rogan and Carlos Mencia Fight

Old 10-23-2009, 08:44 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,507,042 times
In this old mans opinion there hasnt been an "original" comedian since the 1970's. Check out some of the older Johnny Carson shows. Now those were original comedians!

Old 10-24-2009, 07:34 AM

They are calling Carlos Mencia: Carlos Men-steal-ia now. Appropriate.

Old 10-29-2009, 03:08 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,653,554 times
How can you steal material and STILL be incredibly unfunny? It seems he found a way.

Old 10-31-2009, 08:09 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,478,947 times
Carlos Mencia, AKA Ned Holness (his dad was a German guy living in Honduras) was outed as a hack by Joe Rogan years ago. I watched the footage on Joe's myspace account - not that I ever paid Ned boy much attention - but the video made me dislike him even more than before. I found a definition for "Ned Holness" on urbandictionary, and thought it was funny:

Urban Dictionary: Ned Holness

Old 11-01-2009, 05:19 PM

Right on! Totally agree.
How can you steal and STILL be incredibly funny, TheJickler? You copy someone else's hard work that's written word for word, gesture for gesture, vocal inflection for vocal inflection. Do you not get that? Or were you the guy in high school who copied everyone's tests and papers?
Carlos Men-stealia is a hack as they call them in comedy. Yeah, he's funny...but why not find out who he stole his latest bits from and see it done from the originator of the work. Don't applaud a fool like this. He's a total hack and jerk.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:00 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,478,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
Right on! Totally agree.
How can you steal and STILL be incredibly funny, TheJickler? You copy someone else's hard work that's written word for word, gesture for gesture, vocal inflection for vocal inflection. Do you not get that? Or were you the guy in high school who copied everyone's tests and papers?
Carlos Men-stealia is a hack as they call them in comedy. Yeah, he's funny...but why not find out who he stole his latest bits from and see it done from the originator of the work. Don't applaud a fool like this. He's a total hack and jerk.
In TheJickler's defense, he said still be unfunny.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:13 PM

Sorry..guess I read it too fast as this entire situation hacks me off big-time. I'm sure the guy comedians want to bust his face open, and I don't blame them at all. Mencia steals from men, women, anyone who has a funny line. Must be incapable of coming up with his own stuff...or he's just plain lazy and greedy.

Old 11-05-2009, 11:20 AM

3,770 posts, read 8,303,156 times
I cant believe he actually thinks people (like GEORGE LOPEZ) are jealous of him?????? Hes delusional and his "comedy" blows. I dont find making fun of mentally challenged people ("Dun dun dun") funny at all and I have no idea how he actually has fans that do. What a mega dooshbag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities