Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 12:27 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,161,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
wow try coming from what sounds like a toxic family(NO excuse for the brother turning on her),having an unpleasant childhood(for reasons only she knows),marrying a mama's boy who CONFESSES TO BEING THE 9TH CHILD,and having your marriage go down the drain----finally having some of the public blame ONLY YOU for the negative events in your life(and side with a LYING(the stolen money)Cheating husband)--ignoring the putz's current female companion's negative comments bout mr innocent
how would all the kate haters handle that?
that is no excuse for her being the way she is. It simply is not a good enough excuse.
So many people had far worse childhoods than she. I've read about her childhood and it doesn't seem so horrible. Toxic-how so?
I know people who have horror stories about their childhood and they are now decent,nice,kind,caring human beings.
SHE married a momma's boy(your term,not mine) so why did she? I say so she could control him and she did-for awhile. When momma's boy got sick and tired of her behavior we watched it unfold on TV.
Anyone can see that both Kate and Jon will be fine...............soooooo much drama and the result? Soooooooo much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 12:30 PM

4,469 posts, read 7,192,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
edit: The part of the interview that bothered me the most was that she said she couldn't go back to nursing. No, it wouldn't be near the money she's making on TV, but she could still earn an honest living. People do it.
Gee, didn't Becky Dilley work as a nurse to support her kids? Of course, she hadn't made a complete horse's rear end of herself on national TV, so maybe that was the difference.

Last edited by Aconite; 11-03-2009 at 12:40 PM..

Old 11-03-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
wow try coming from what sounds like a toxic family(NO excuse for the brother turning on her),having an unpleasant childhood(for reasons only she knows),marrying a mama's boy who CONFESSES TO BEING THE 9TH CHILD,and having your marriage go down the drain----finally having some of the public blame ONLY YOU for the negative events in your life(and side with a LYING(the stolen money)Cheating husband)--ignoring the putz's current female companion's negative comments bout mr innocent
how would all the kate haters handle that?

In private.
Kate Gosselin chose to put herself out there, just like anybody else on the cover of the grocery store magazines. She can't even blame it on her parents like the Spears girls or Lindsay Lohan-- it's her own stupid fault.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:54 PM

491 posts, read 748,599 times
I laughed when she said that she wanted to continue the show with or without the kids. Yeah you really are not in it for the fame and fortune but your kids. Keep telling yourself that Kate.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
Yep...she'll do anything that's the best for the children. And mommy being very rich and happy, puts mommy in a very good mood, which is very good...for the children.

It's all about the children.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:16 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,238,608 times
It is interesting to me that this total stranger can bring out such emotions in people. So much anger is directed towards Kate. I feel totally sorry for her. An innocent show started out and look what it has turned in to. How will this change the Duggars? The family from Table for Twelve?

I think it is just time to let them go. If people stopped reading the tabloids and the junk magazines, maybe they can live their life in peace and quiet. This just isn't fair to any of the kids involved.

Vicki

Old 11-03-2009, 02:53 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
It is interesting to me that this total stranger can bring out such emotions in people. So much anger is directed towards Kate. I feel totally sorry for her. An innocent show started out and look what it has turned in to. How will this change the Duggars? The family from Table for Twelve?

I think it is just time to let them go. If people stopped reading the tabloids and the junk magazines, maybe they can live their life in peace and quiet. This just isn't fair to any of the kids involved.

Vicki
I don't blame Jon or Kate for agreeing to do the show in the beginning. They needed money, and one or both of them have admitted on TV that they did it in the beginning for the money. I don't think they could have predicted how it would turn out. But, she's acted like a complete biatch to her husband. We've all seen it. I think they are both at fault for their marriage mess, but I really have a hard time feeling sorry for Kate.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:18 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,490,387 times
The freebies started with the free tummy tuck...and just grew exponentionally from there. Both Kate & Jon (and probably TLC) took full advantage.

I always thought the marriage was doomed from the way she treated Jon. Once those OCC guys got ahold of him and helped restore some of his masculinity, it did not take long for it go sour...fast!

Old 11-03-2009, 03:20 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,897,945 times
I get it!!! I should have turned the channel or turned the tv off. Do you ever turn and look the other way when you drive past a car accident? She is a massive trainwreck and I couldn't turn away. Sue me.

TLC can't still be making a ton of money on this show.

Old 11-03-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I don't blame Jon or Kate for agreeing to do the show in the beginning. They needed money, and one or both of them have admitted on TV that they did it in the beginning for the money. I don't think they could have predicted how it would turn out.

I have no sympathy for people who sell themselves for money. And anybody smarter than a paramecium could have predicted a massive and uncomfortable level of privacy invasion, what with...gee, TV cameras invading your home. Unless of course you're a complete media wh*re.

Of course, that begs the obvious question of whether the Gosselins are smarter than paramecia. One assumes that Kate is, if she managed to pass boards...so that puts her squarely back in the "media wh*re" category. Maybe Jon's sub-paramecium, though. Hard telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities