Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 08:10 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,228,748 times

Advertisements

its 50 cent not 50 cents lol, and u think 50 is ugly look at lil wayne!!!!!!! Maybe these people sell their soul to the devil!
http://www.enjoyfrance.com/images/stories/world/entertainment/Lil-Wayne.png (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2009, 10:34 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,419,347 times
Default Being ignorant can make you rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
Rapper 50 cents was debuted on NightLine last night...and it was amazing to see how such people who promote immorality (especially sexual) and hatred toward Authority of every kind thru their lyrics , can be so incredibly financially successful. Its estimated this Guys fortune is around $160,000,000 . Heres a Guy who got into a Gang at age 12 selling Cocaine after being groomed by his cocaine selling Mother . Then he works his way up to being a top Rapper and Movie star (9 total) with a huge audience and women throwing themselves at his feet.

Madonna though, tops all of the bad examples with an estimate amassed fortune of $600,000,000 .

Isnt it ironic how these promoters of vile filth , immorality, and degradation can be so 'successful' ?

But...'what does it profit a Man (Woman) if they gain the whole world, yet forfiets their Soul ?' .
Millions of ignorant people in this country. In fact, the country is BOTTOM HEAVY with such an element. 50 cent's music CELEBRATES ignorance so it stands to reason that the crap he puts out, sells.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:53 AM

Default My last comment too harsh.

On second thought, I guess I've been a bit harsh on rap and hip-hop. My apologies to anyone that I have offended. There is much rap that I don't like, but occasionally there is some that I admit I do.

There is some damn good music that comes out of this musical genre. It can be empowering and it serves a purpose. Otherwise, it would not have lasted this long. There is not much of 50 cent's music that I have liked, but he has put out a couple songs that were pretty powerful in any setting, urban or otherwise. His current song, "Baby By Me" is pretty powerful stuff. Sometimes, such music is all some people have just to maintain...

Old 11-06-2009, 06:32 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,696,636 times
Quote:
Hes making money work for him, but at the moral expense of our Youth and Young Adults . The problem is, he makes money by ill-gotton gain . And for people to idolize this Guy, just goes to show you how morally degraded this Nation is.
I don't disagree with you. I mean he got his fame because he bragged about being a drug dealer and being shot 9 times and surviving. After that everyone wanted his album

Old 11-07-2009, 12:59 AM

I'm shocked that people like Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Miley Cirus, and all those cornball girl bands wearing Ugg boots have become properous.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:51 PM

11,309 posts, read 11,073,414 times
It really does not make a difference. Nobody will know who these rappers are in 30 years. It is a shame they have such a large influence over the young black population. They lead them on with the promise of money 'n *******.

In reality, though, rap music and single parent families due to deadbeat abandoning fathers are the real reason why 40% of the U.S. prison system is comprised of black males. It is a culture issue that needs to be cleaned up from the inside out.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:13 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,293,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
It really does not make a difference. Nobody will know who these rappers are in 30 years. It is a shame they have such a large influence over the young black population. They lead them on with the promise of money 'n *******.

In reality, though, rap music and single parent families due to deadbeat abandoning fathers are the real reason why 40% of the U.S. prison system is comprised of black males. It is a culture issue that needs to be cleaned up from the inside out.
They use the excuse that they are representing the times.....not that they are setting the trend. I tend to disagree with that....

I'm much older than most of you and I'll tell you what....when I was 22 years old and in college.....I saw this movie of glamorous lifestyle with an actress I thought was so beautiful. I wanted it so much that I ended up quitting college and moving to Vegas. It was glamorous and fun for awhile....but I SO REGRET the choice I made at that time. I ended up with a very 'interesting' resume....but no real job skills.

So, I know music and movies DO have an impact on our young people. And more times than not....it isn't the best one.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:34 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,365,665 times
Quote:
Hes making money work for him, but at the moral expense of our Youth and Young Adults . The problem is, he makes money by ill-gotton gain . And for people to idolize this Guy, just goes to show you how morally degraded this Nation is.
actually, in the case of 50 Cent, he made a chunk of his money from investing in Vitamin Water, of which he owns a share (ever seen the flavor 50:50? it's named after him). rappers, more so than any other musicians in other genres tend to look beyond CDs sales and concerts to make money. they invest in and promote drinks, they create clothing lines and fragrances, they promote other products and invest in clubs, create record labels, etc. at the very, very least, you have to give them some credit for looking beyond music to make money

Old 11-09-2009, 09:42 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,078,893 times
Maybe he will be an inspiration to others that are in the situation he found himself being in to clean up their acts and that anything in life is possible if you work for it.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,781,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea-girl View Post
Maybe he will be an inspiration to others that are in the situation he found himself being in to clean up their acts and that anything in life is possible if you work for it.
But he didnt clean up his act ; he only transferred it and marketed it. Now hes a bigger bad example who gets paid handsomely for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities