Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:24 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,174,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60'sGal View Post
I don't think she's out to win fans. I think she's out to prove to people that they didn't destroy her. What was done to that woman after the Pageant was beyond despicable and most people would have crawled under a rock and stayed there. Look at what was done to Anita Bryant years ago. She simply stated her opinion and her entire career was destroyed, she was verbally and physically attacked and saw her family dragged through the mud.

I guess I defend Carried because I understand her. I would have done it the exact way she did.

Larry King invited her. They accepted her terms. They violated the terms and she called them on it.
no, they didn't accept her terms--that's important to note
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 03:43 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,356,445 times
Quote:
I don't think she's out to win fans. I think she's out to prove to people that they didn't destroy her.
seems like she's doing a bang up job doing that all by herself! look, I defend her opinion and think what Perez Hilton did was a dick move and horrific (but hey, what else would you expect from him?). however, her actions after that event has been questionable. she seems to have this idea that everything bad that happens to her is b/c she spoke her mind that mind. I doubt she didn't win b/c of her answer, she likely didn't win b/c her answer was poorly worded. she didn't lose her CA crown b/c of what she said, she lost it b/c she broke her contract. and she didn't lose her lawsuit b/c of what she said, she lost it because she quickly settled after a sex tape involving her surfaced.

she needs to drop this whole "woe is me, all the gays and libs are out to ruin me!" persecution crap. most gays I know could care less about Perez and disagree w/ what he did to her. many people hold her views (didn't Obama himself say something very similar?) but as a contestant of a beauty pageant, it's your job to come off intelligible and coherent, which she really didn't. in the end, she's tripping her own self. no one is out to get her (well, maybe PH), no one really cares any more and wishes she would disappear like 99% of other beauty pageant contestants. but she's putting herself out there as some bullied, morally superior person with lofty Christian values when, as time progresses, it's appearing more and more that this isn't the case

Old 11-12-2009, 09:48 PM

8,514 posts, read 4,496,596 times
Carrie Prejean just needs to go.away.now. Go, have a good life, just do it out of my eyesight and earshot.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:23 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,554,725 times
If Perez Hilton had voted for her to win then none of us would be talking about her at all. Because she answered the question honestly and because he's so militantly pro-gay rights we now all know her name and face. Who won the contest? Who is now Miss California? So if you're in a beauty pagent contest, don't answer the question honestly. Give the judges the PC answer no matter what your personal feelings are.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:50 AM

6,266 posts, read 19,174,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If Perez Hilton had voted for her to win then none of us would be talking about her at all. Because she answered the question honestly and because he's so militantly pro-gay rights we now all know her name and face. Who won the contest? Who is now Miss California? So if you're in a beauty pagent contest, don't answer the question honestly. Give the judges the PC answer no matter what your personal feelings are.
I don't know, I kinda think we would be talking about her anyway--for her sex video

She was given another chance after the video surfaced yet she chose to thumb her nose at the officials and shirk her duties.
She is a diva with a bad attitude. If SHE is the poster child for Christianity--I think religion is in trouble.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:26 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,979,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
I saw it this morning, I agree. Don't go on television interviews if you don't want to answer the question.
I agree. Biggest problem I have is that she allowed Fox to ask the same questions that Larry wanted to ask. She had no problem with Fox, but has a problem with Larry? What a crazy loon she is.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:36 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,343,933 times
what she going to do when her 15 minutes fame is up?
I can't see her working a regular job like the rest of us with an attitude like that and she does not have any talent like a singer or actress to fall back on. I mean looks don't last forever and when she is in a industry based on looks she only has a certain shelf life

Old 11-13-2009, 11:37 AM

4,537 posts, read 9,195,743 times
She should go on the book tour with Sarah Palin and Joe Wurzelbacher (Joe the Plumber). Now that would be something to see

Old 11-13-2009, 11:41 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,456,447 times
Quote:
You know what? I'm sticking up for the lady. It was made clear to King that there were items she would/could not discuss.

If she is sporting attitude, I don't blame her. This woman simply answered a question with honesty and was nearly crucified for it. Seems to me freedom of speech only applies if you happen to agree with the answer.
In reality she LIED on her application to even be in the pageant to begin with and then when the dreaded question came up she HID behind her supposed christianity. Since when do christians take their clothes off for the camera and then lie about it??

She is an attention seeker and a liar. Guys will be picking up her book looking for the color pictures inside that no doubt will NOT be included. She needs to go home and get her story straight.

Old 11-13-2009, 01:12 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,230,522 times
I dont really care what her opinion was, she utilized her free speech and what do you - she didn't get dragged off to jail. So whats the problem?
She just discovered that other people have rights too and sometimes there are consequences to having opinions. The crown people decided it was all too much and didn't give her the crown - their crown their right.
And had she been a consistent straightfoward reasonably smart and otherwise reasonable person who didn't have all sorts of hypocritical junk going on in the background she could have stuck to her 1st Amendment guns and maybe gotten somewhere, maybe even got the crown back.
Instead she runs to the christians, the conservative press and whines about how she's being persecuted and then - oops people find out about all the other stuff and expose her. No one likes a hypocrite and no one cares about what she thinks anymore because no way should she have the crown. Or a book.
Sending ma********** videos at 17 - yow. Nothing like saving it for marriage.
Personally I think she's got a crazy gene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities