Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 10:14 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,564,593 times

Advertisements

That Spencer Pratt is such a total a*shole and jerk that I'd like to know why anyone would bother to put them on tv. He's rude, he's arrogant, he's talentless. Am I just not getting it or what? Can someone enlighten me as to why they are making money still and on tv? As for Heidi Montag, seems like a nice girl but of little real talent. At least she's not all that rude like he is. He's just a total arrogant and useless fool....I wish Al Roker HAD punched him in the snout.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2009, 11:08 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TootsieWootsie View Post
That Spencer Pratt is such a total a*shole and jerk that I'd like to know why anyone would bother to put them on tv. He's rude, he's arrogant, he's talentless. Am I just not getting it or what? Can someone enlighten me as to why they are making money still and on tv? As for Heidi Montag, seems like a nice girl but of little real talent. At least she's not all that rude like he is. He's just a total arrogant and useless fool....I wish Al Roker HAD punched him in the snout.
if you buy their book it teaches you how to be just like them

Old 11-21-2009, 11:23 AM

6,025 posts, read 15,340,899 times
they don't even deserve a thread devoted to them. let's just pretend they don't exist

Old 11-21-2009, 12:13 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,529,797 times
Who are they?

Old 11-21-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Who are they?
a bunch of rich kids that crave attention

Old 11-21-2009, 02:55 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,160,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
if you buy their book it teaches you how to be just like them
please please tell me this is not a real book.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:15 PM

1,135 posts, read 3,981,590 times
I think the joke is on TV media and anyone who thinks they are real.
To me, it soooo obvious this is just a phony shtick, Im surprised people
take it seriously. I dont think they themselves knew how easy it would be to
fool people with it and now are just doing crazy stuff to cash in while they can.
Regardless, there has always been people who do this stuff, like that guy on
Survivor who actually landed some network spots after his fakery, they will
be gone and forgotten soon enuff.
That clip they show on the Soup this week is too funny, Spencer is laffing in their
faces and they are too dopey to realize how he Pavlovianly manipulates 'real'
and 'serious' media personalities to beg and fetch anytime they get airplay.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
please please tell me this is not a real book.
yup they it is a all local book stores they even wanted it featured on the oprah book club LOL

Review: ‘How To Be Famous’ by Heidi Montag & Spencer Pratt

November 10th, 2009 3:00 pm / Author: Nicole Eggenberger

What you are about to read is our no-fail, no-nonsense (well, some would say it’s ALL-nonsense) insider’s guide to take you from nobody to notorious.”

The introduction of Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt’s book (yes, they wrote a book) How To Be Famous: Our Guide to Looking the Part, Playing the Press and Becoming a Tabloid Fixture pretty much sums up the tone of their book. Speidi let you know that they are completely aware and make no apologies for being self-absorbed, self-serving and self centered — making their new “how-to” tolerable, and at times, amusing

Heidi and Spencer present a 10-step plan on how to go from nobodies to notorious , the way they claim they did it themselves. They never mention names of the show they are on or their enemies due to “you know, legal stuff,” but it’s easy to figure out who they mean

The “top-secret” book is laid out in 10 chapters written by Spencer, Heidi or Speidi the entity. There are plenty of black and white paparazzi pics of the pair sprinkled throughout as well as a collection of colored photos in the middle. The book is only 128 pages long and can easily be read in a few hours — one thing you can thank Speidi for

Spencer shares a “Guide to Playing the Villain” and acknowledges that, “Given how the general public feels about me, the chances are that if you’re reading this right now, you can’t stand me. I get it. If I weren’t me, I’d HATE me.”

Heidi explains why “Getting Work Done Is Your Job” and details which procedures you should have done if you want to be famous. “There is no surgery you can get that will get you more instant attention, and you know why? Because people are ALREADY staring at your boobs!” she writes.

Each chapter include pictures that act out —really putting their Hills skills to the test — what they are talking about. For example, Heidi gives readers step-by-step picture instructions on “How to Say ‘I Hate You’ Without Saying a Word” in her “Guide to Playing the Bombshell” chapter.

The most refreshing thing about this book is that it can be read (and probably should be read) as a joke. They acknowledge that they are ridiculous and that celebrity culture in general is ridiculous.

It might have been better if they had just written a book about their side of the story, because it’s hard — okay, impossible — to take their advice on “how to be famous” seriously.

However, they do make some good points: Paparazzi should be a celeb’s friend because after all they do help their career; celebs shouldn’t wear sunglasses if they want to make covers and they should share their stories if they want to build their brand.

If their goal for the book is to entertain people (and charge $19.99 a book) by mocking themselves and other celebrities, then this book is a resounding success

thanks to http://www.okmagazine.com/2009/11/re...spencer-pratt/

Last edited by GTOlover; 11-21-2009 at 03:26 PM..

Old 11-21-2009, 04:38 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,519,931 times
I'd pay to watch them on TV. As long as it's them getting executed.

Old 11-22-2009, 10:42 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,564,593 times
Did you catch that promo of their book on Talk Soup this week where Pratt keeps saying over and over, "did you interrupt?" This guy is such a total arrogant, insulting, rude jacka*s, I would just love to know how his homelife was. Somebody had to pattern that behavior for him...whew...what losers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities