Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 01:43 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,435,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Although the settlement amount was officially kept secret, Christensen's insurance company, St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Co., said in a related court action that the amount was $1.6 million.
So they bought the yacht, turned around and took $1.6 mil back from the company? I wonder if the yacht cost them free then? It's amazing how far they go to protect Tiger's image. Especially in the light of all those *free" images (and voice) of Tiger floating around lately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 01:47 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,445,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
he'll opt to tell his story to Oprah......you can count on that.
My guess would be no...as a black woman, I am sure she is disgusted with his choice of only white women. Black women don't take too kindly when white women "steal" all the successful and rich black men (canibalasian...whatever!)

Last edited by jfkIII; 12-12-2009 at 03:08 PM..

Old 12-12-2009, 02:46 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,459,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
So they bought the yacht, turned around and took $1.6 mil back from the company? I wonder if the yacht cost them free then? It's amazing how far they go to protect Tiger's image. Especially in the light of all those *free" images (and voice) of Tiger floating around lately.
Tiger paid full price for the yacht of about $20 million. The purchase contract requested secrecy in the transaction, but the manufacturer (Christensen Shipyards) instead used his purchase to promote their brand. Woods sued the yacht builder for $50 million (more than twice what he paid), and received $1.6 million in the settlement.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:54 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,445,017 times
Hey...wait one cotton-pickin' minute here! Isn't that the waitress (mistress #7) sneaking around there onboard level 1 on the stern side????

Old 12-12-2009, 02:59 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,778,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
My guess would be no...as a black woman, I am sure she is disgusted with his choice of only white women. Black women don't take too kindly when white women "steal" all the successful and rich black men (canibalasian...whetever!)

See also Where Are Tiger's 'Cablinasian' Backers? -- Golf FanHouse

Old 12-12-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
I wonder if Tiger told the Florida Highway Patrol that their accident report was wrong? The FHP had Tiger's race listed as black...

Old 12-12-2009, 03:36 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,435,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Tiger paid full price for the yacht of about $20 million. The purchase contract requested secrecy in the transaction, but the manufacturer (Christensen Shipyards) instead used his purchase to promote their brand. Woods sued the yacht builder for $50 million (more than twice what he paid), and received $1.6 million in the settlement.
Yes, the intentions were not stellar to begin with. And Elin was on board with this attitude all along. Does one's mug really worth $50 mil?

Makes one wonder if Elin is really a victim here. I think they both may have had this snotty attitude to start with, (we against the world), and then Elin got a nasty surprise: her 'teammate' played a shady game on the side.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Yes, the intentions were not stellar to begin with. And Elin was on board with this attitude all along. Does one's mug really worth $50 mil?

Makes one wonder if Elin is really a victim here. I think they both may have had this snotty attitude to start with, (we against the world), and then Elin got a nasty surprise: her 'teammate' played a shady game on the side.
I believe Elin and Tiger both wanted some privacy in their lives, and they both thought the yacht may give them some so the family could be alone together - as a family. Elin never wanted the spotlight, never wanted her picture taken, never wanted to be interviewed. All she wanted was a loving and devoted family.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:19 PM

Interesting read: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-21892910/

As hurt as Elin must be I just do not see her ever forgiving Tiger, nor trusting him.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:24 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,133,190 times
Quote:

Makes one wonder if Elin is really a victim here.
I think they both may have had this snotty attitude to start with, (we against the world), and then Elin got a nasty surprise: her 'teammate' played a shady game on the side.
Most interesting point I've read in here in a long time. Fact is, we don't know Elin any better than we know Tiger. I'm betting he is not the devil and she is not a saint. Like the rest of us, they both probably fall somewhere in the middle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities