Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 01:07 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,059,242 times

Advertisements

wow--never liked janis nor bowersox musically----but i have no like for raspy off key singing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 09:35 AM

484 posts, read 1,578,669 times
I think Crystal is incredibly talented. She has a great voice, can play the guitar well, etc. However, her personality needs some work. I know I'm not the only one who thinks she comes across as conceited, snobby, and downright annoying. She needs to be grateful for the position she's in right now..and I really don't think she is.

Regardless, I'm about 90% sure she'll win.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:57 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,626,367 times
She was my choice to win AI when it first started. Nice to see i Ifnally picked a good one for a change. If she doesent win then AI sucks.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:28 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,951,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
She was my choice to win AI when it first started. Nice to see i Ifnally picked a good one for a change. If she doesent win then AI sucks.
Looks like I'm not alone in my feeling about Crystal.

MTV feels the same:

Can Crystal Bowersox Lose 'American Idol'? - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Quote:
Conventional wisdom seems to hold that Crystal Bowersox — the dreadlocked dynamo who has more or less dominated the ninth season of "American Idol" since day one — is the clear-cut front-runner and that the competition is hers to lose at this point.
Quote:
While a late-charging Dewyze might pose the most serious threat to knock off Bowersox, it's the second thing that might actually end up doing her in: the very real sense that she's this year's Adam Lambert, a supremely talented competitor who just doesn't quite fit in the "American Idol" mold.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 PM

693 posts, read 1,495,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBlonde View Post
I think Crystal is incredibly talented. She has a great voice, can play the guitar well, etc. However, her personality needs some work. I know I'm not the only one who thinks she comes across as conceited, snobby, and downright annoying. She needs to be grateful for the position she's in right now..and I really don't think she is.

Regardless, I'm about 90% sure she'll win.
Maybe I'm missing something but how do you see that she comes across as conceited and snobby? She is far from those things and very grateful to be on AI. Crystal is really humble and never acts like she's all that.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:24 PM

693 posts, read 1,495,283 times
I love Crystal!!!! She has amazing vocals and tons of talent. I hope she wins AI this season. She's got that whole singer songwriter vibe, plus very soulful. The girl can SANG!! Anyone that says she doesn't have talent doesn't know what real talent is. Crystal is not some pop star that just dances on stage and can't sing like Britney, Ciara, and Rhianna.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:25 AM

163 posts, read 389,344 times
Never ben much of a fan of AI, but I did catch Crystal perform one night. I think she's a great singer and I hope she wins. She has a lot more talent than some artist that are out now with record deals.

Old 05-03-2010, 04:47 PM

2,652 posts, read 4,783,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Please. Pleeeeeeeeeese. This girl is nothing special. I have seen performers at the American Legion who would blow her away. She has a nice voice and plays a good basic guitar lick, but other than that, honey she ain't nothing special by a long shot. And that boring music just drones on and on and on. Yikes.

20yrsinBranson
Exactly, Branson!! Like Simon said, just another street performer.

She's nothing special.

Yaaaaaaaaaawn!!

Old 05-09-2010, 05:20 PM

687 posts, read 1,111,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
I love Crystal!!!! She has amazing vocals and tons of talent. I hope she wins AI this season. She's got that whole singer songwriter vibe, plus very soulful. The girl can SANG!! Anyone that says she doesn't have talent doesn't know what real talent is. Crystal is not some pop star that just dances on stage and can't sing like Britney, Ciara, and Rhianna.
I hope if she does win that she fixes her teeth and whitens them because to me they are distracting when she sings.

Old 05-09-2010, 05:37 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,951,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana View Post
I hope if she does win that she fixes her teeth and whitens them because to me they are distracting when she sings.
Her diabetes may have affected her teeth.

Diabetes can affect teeth and gums (http://www.mysanantonio.com/community/southside/Diabetes_can_affect_teeth_and_gums.html?c=y&page=1 #storytop - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities