Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2008, 03:43 AM

46 posts, read 201,621 times

Advertisements

I went to middle school with Jill Whelan, "Vicky" from Love Boat. She was a year ahead of me and seemed nice, but she was not treated very well, I'm afraid. In my teens my family bought a convenience store in Marin County and a surprising number of famous people came in. There were a lot of one-timers, but Huey Lewis came in regularly, as did Greg Rolie and Peter Coyote who also dated my friend's mom. No one huge, no real relationships, just lots of fun little encounters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 01:56 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,241,774 times
I went to HS with Jenny McCarthy. Her lunch table was next to mine in the cafeteria and they were always tormenting my table. One day they kept throwing pennies at us and one of them threw a used tampon applicator on our table as they walked by.. Needless to say she was the "in" crowd, I was not. Not much of a relationship but that as close as it gets for me...

Old 03-04-2008, 01:58 PM

1,938 posts, read 6,241,774 times
Oh yeah, since we're doing fun little encounters. Vince Vaughn bumped into me once at a nightclub and my drink spilled all over me, I didn't know who it was so I was really mad-- Then he spoke to me-- and asked me what I was drinking..Later that night one of his guys brought me another.. Siiiiiiigh if only I had the courage to say more to him than "redbull and jaeger"--

Old 03-09-2008, 11:04 PM

266 posts, read 908,548 times
My cousin kissed Will Ferrell in "The Wedding Crashers." I once chatted with Liam Neeson about the weather.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:40 PM

18,416 posts, read 15,127,582 times
When I was in school out in CA in the early 90's, I used to deliver pizza to Jerry Garcia on a regular basis.

Also, I shared a beach with Howard Stern, but about 2 or 3 years ago he moved. I still see him around town though. Although we have had numerous conversations, I still dont think he recognizes me when he sees me. But I am pretty sure his girlfriend does.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:31 AM

1,065 posts, read 3,855,866 times
My mom used to take care of an older lady who once dated Jack Dempsey. She had quite a number of pictures of them together.
I went to a quarterback/reciever clinic between my junior and senior year of high school ran by Archie Manning and Danny Abramowizc and got to know them a little bit.

Old 03-11-2008, 05:40 PM

739 posts, read 824,872 times
I took Pam Stone, the comedianne from the TV show Coach, to my high school junior/senior prom.

I helped record Jimmy Buffett's first live album while working at the Fox Theatre in 1978 on the sound crew.

I met Angie Dickinson at the old Abercrombie & Fitch in L.A. - we talked about fruitcake.

I played polo with William Devane and Pamela Sue Martin.

I also rode the daylights out of a horse I later found out belonged to Alfonso Pieres, one of the World's top (10 goal) polo players. I was afraid I'd get shot later!

I dated Ted Turner's daughter for awhile.

Played in a baseball game with Hall of Famer Phil Neikro and Ron Gant.

I went skiing with Tom Brokaw in Cervinia, Italy a few years back.

I ran into Rudy Giuliano at the Ritz-Carlton in Bachelor Gulch last week.

I've met too many professional athletes to count.

I had dinner with Tommy Lee Jones and his family at Turneffe Island Lodge in Belize.

I've had dinner with Amy Grant.

My wife is friends with Randy Jackson from American Idol. (She has his cell number on her speed dial)

She also tutored pro golfer Scott Hoch at Wake Forest.

She's met tons of folks, including Pamela Anderson, Bono, Kristi Yamaguchi, we met Apolo Ohno at the Torino Olympics

My sister is good friends with Colin Powell. her Christmas Card featured him with her girls and the paper dolls he made them while on Air Force One.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Well I think this was the most fun thread there is here. I actually read each and every single one. So here is mine:

My ex wife was best friends with Crosby Stills Nash's long time photographer. When they were touring several years ago Buzzy got us front row seats in Las Vegas and Pomona California. He also got us front row seats for David Crosby and Judy Collins (remember suite Judy Blue Eyes). We sat next to Judys family in the front row. Of course we met David Crosby several times.

My ex wife dated Roger Fisher from Heart. He dumped her for the now famous inter band relationships that threatened the bands success. She also hung out in Steve Hacket's (origional Genesis) private studios in London. The ex wifes ex husband was the lead singer of the old 70s band Wishbone Ash and she wrote the song "Karmans Gate" which she received royalties for years. She also dated Bryan Adams for a year.

Hi there

What a colorful life you have had.

I'm a little confused about your ex-wife though.

The lead singer of 70s Wishbone Ash had 2 daughters by his first wife.
The current singer of the band still known as Wishbone Ash has produced sons. Is this the person you mean?

Old 09-04-2008, 11:32 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,846,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckhead_Broker View Post
I took Pam Stone, the comedianne from the TV show Coach, to my high school junior/senior prom.

I helped record Jimmy Buffett's first live album while working at the Fox Theatre in 1978 on the sound crew.

I met Angie Dickinson at the old Abercrombie & Fitch in L.A. - we talked about fruitcake.

I played polo with William Devane and Pamela Sue Martin.

I also rode the daylights out of a horse I later found out belonged to Alfonso Pieres, one of the World's top (10 goal) polo players. I was afraid I'd get shot later!

I dated Ted Turner's daughter for awhile.

Played in a baseball game with Hall of Famer Phil Neikro and Ron Gant.

I went skiing with Tom Brokaw in Cervinia, Italy a few years back.

I ran into Rudy Giuliano at the Ritz-Carlton in Bachelor Gulch last week.

I've met too many professional athletes to count.

I had dinner with Tommy Lee Jones and his family at Turneffe Island Lodge in Belize.

I've had dinner with Amy Grant.

My wife is friends with Randy Jackson from American Idol. (She has his cell number on her speed dial)

She also tutored pro golfer Scott Hoch at Wake Forest.

She's met tons of folks, including Pamela Anderson, Bono, Kristi Yamaguchi, we met Apolo Ohno at the Torino Olympics

My sister is good friends with Colin Powell. her Christmas Card featured him with her girls and the paper dolls he made them while on Air Force One.
Wow. And you dont normally drink beer, but when you do....... you prefer Dos Equis.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:59 AM

23,325 posts, read 43,794,428 times
I smoked a joint and made out with Eric Roberts at a party in 1974 (we went to rival high schools). I thought he was so hot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities