Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2012, 01:12 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,696,237 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

About a month ago, the screen on my HTC Vivid cracked in a few places after I carelessly left it on the edge of my bathroom sink, and it ultimately fell. I decided that I wanted to wait it out and not get the screen replaced just yet.

Now about a two weeks ago, I went out to a bar and a drank a good amount of alcohol. During the night, I had reached into my pocket to get out of my phone but seeing where I was at the time, I dropped the phone. The end result was further damanged the phone. Here are some photos that were taken a few days after:

I was wondering how I can/should go about getting the screen replaced? My phone provider is AT&T so should I head to the AT&T store that I bought it at so they can replace it? If so, how much would they charge me? I also heard that I can buy a screen myself and do the replacement by myself with the help of some tutorials that are on the internet. Or could I buy the screen myself then ask the employees at the AT&T store to replace it?

As for other other portions of the phone that are damaged, I think it would be safe to assume that I can't fix those and a professional will have to replace those damaged areas.

And last time that I checked I never put a warranty on my phone.

Very neglectful overall, right? Haha. I'll definitely be learning from my mistakes that I made here.

I am not sure which route to take. What I am looking for is both the fastest and most affordable route possible. If you can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2012, 05:37 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
Let me google that for you

Old 09-12-2012, 01:04 PM

This might not be cheap but you could send it into HTC and have them fix it for you. They'll obviously have to do a factory reset, I'm sure.

Old 09-20-2012, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joke Insurance View Post
This might not be cheap but you could send it into HTC and have them fix it for you. They'll obviously have to do a factory reset, I'm sure.
Please ignore this. I accidentally left the webpage up and my cousin decided to left a nice comment, haha.

I just wanted to hear more than one opinion. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 09-21-2012, 08:13 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,684,958 times
Having dealt with HTC's service center before... I'd send it to HTC. Take a backup of the phone using the HTC utility.

You'll need a phone to use while yours is out, obviously. There's always prepaid for that.

If you can't wait, check Craigslist for mobile phone shops in your area; some of them do screen repair. Whether you trust them is another thing.

And put a case on that thing!

Old 09-26-2012, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
Having dealt with HTC's service center before... I'd send it to HTC. Take a backup of the phone using the HTC utility.

You'll need a phone to use while yours is out, obviously. There's always prepaid for that.

If you can't wait, check Craigslist for mobile phone shops in your area; some of them do screen repair. Whether you trust them is another thing.

And put a case on that thing!
Do you recall how much it cost appox when you sent it to HTC?

As for the case, I did have one on there but it was faulty so I took it off. Should have replaced it, ha!

Old 10-30-2012, 11:44 AM

I think it's the docking connector (the port where the phone charger goes into) is now sporadically working. That will probably drive the price of repair up, yay!

By the way, the part that I am referring, is it called a docking connector? If not, what is it called?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:48 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
The Vivid doesn't have a docking connector, technically it's called a micro USB port

Old 12-11-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
The Vivid doesn't have a docking connector, technically it's called a micro USB port
Recently, the Micro USB port seems to be acting normal....for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones