Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 11:12 AM

28 posts, read 173,847 times

Advertisements

My sister's ex keeps calling my phone trying to get info about her that she should be asking my sister, not me. I've asked her to quit calling me, she still calls. So, at this point, I'm trying to find out how to just forward her calls. I want to forward her calls to my sister's phone so she can ask her everything she needs to ask her and leave me the heck out of it.

Edit: Oh yeah, it's a cell phone, Sony Ericsson W580i to be precise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 09:21 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
Would there be a way to just block her number?

Old 09-13-2010, 06:16 PM

523 posts, read 1,680,245 times
Default Stop Answering the calls

I don't know about call blocking on a cell phone, but presumably your cell phone has caller ID. Further, what most phones do is match the incoming number with a name in your phones address book / contacts, thereby also displaying the associated name.

Given this, why not do the simplest thing - do not answer the calls from this person. If / when her calls go to voice mail, do not listen to those either. When the message starts to play, delete it.

Just because someone calls your number, doesn't mean you have to answer the call or listen to the voice mail. You have the ultimate power -- that of ignoring the caller.

Next, do not tell your sister about any calls you receive, ignore, delete, etc. Doing so will only keep you in the middle of other people's drama.

Silence is a powerful (and underated and under utilized) tool!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:11 AM

1 posts, read 10,390 times
With all of the technology that we have available to us today, it should be a very simple task to code a specific call rerouting plan. For example, all calls from 555-444-1234 automatically reroute to 555-444-4321. Human interaction/non-action is NOT the simplest method. Programming technology to do what you want is MUCH simpler!

Old 07-23-2014, 02:54 PM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Sounds like you should write an app for that, HopsonDave.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:19 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,108,334 times
Forwarding is done at a lower level than your handset. You can't selectively forward calls coming into a cell phone, unless the carrier has a mechanism for it (maybe some do, but I've never seen it).

Block the number or have it sent directly to voicemail as others have suggested.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:54 PM

6,476 posts, read 10,343,886 times
I use Youmail and I can selectively SPAM callers. I pay nothing for the basic version and I am a big fan of there application.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:30 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,963 times
Firstly, you shouldn't be in the middle of this kind of situation. Forwarding the calls could be seen as aiding a stalker.
The very next call, tell the ex that they should contact your sister directly, they both should leave you out of it. From then on, set the ex's contact phone number to Don't Answer.

I don't know if the specific model of your phone can individually call forward, but I know the last two smart-phones I had could be used to silently call-block.

My current phone lets me take an incoming call notice and make it into a contact, then add that contact to a Do Not Answer list of contacts. Calls contacts on that list are quietly ignored. (Phone doesn't ring/vibrate) and the only way I know I got an incoming call from that number was that the phone's status line shows a "call avoided".

My previous phone didn't have a Do Not Answer setting, but it did allow individual contacts to have custom ring-tones, and one of the tones available was 'silent". So it ends up silently ringing, then jumping to voice-mail. Not as useful but still minimized phone ringing hassle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones