U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2007, 03:16 PM

4,112 posts, read 10,314,501 times

Advertisements

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes.....

I have a great Sprint plan that we have had forever and I really want to keep it. It includes unlimited internet, etc....

I don't know enough about these phones to make a wise decision. I would prefer Pocket PC I think. I want something with a decent battery life.

I am really even open to getting an older model if I can find one.

This is more of a toy than for business, although I will be traveling between job-sites and will use it some. But I don't need a lot of bells and whistles.

Any suggestions? Any phone you are particularly happy with that fits the description?

Thanks,

Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 04:14 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 6,844,177 times
I believe the PPC 6600,6700,6800 and the Treo are capable of running the Windows Mobile OS (Pocket PC). I have the PPC-6600 and like it very much although battery life is lacking. A few people I know that have the 6700 say the battery life is better, and the 6800 was just released. I'm debating getting a 6700 now since the 6800 is released and there are some good deals on ebay or straight to the 6800 (but I don't like buying the most recent rev. of anything).

The Treo running Windows mobile I hear isn't that comfortable. If you can make it to a sprint store to test drive them all then you'll get first hand experience.

I was pretty much sold on the 6700 when a sprint store rep. streamed a video over the broadband service. I do a lot of web browsing on my 6600 (which is only 64K download now- not bad, but I'd love to be able to browse at near dsl/cable speeds too)

As long as you realize it's a PDA first and not a phone second (or third) you'll be ok. Many people who get that particular model don't like dialing with the stylus or pushing simulated buttons. That's the only downside, there's no real opportunity to do dialing with your thumb only...

Old 07-01-2007, 05:52 PM

Thanks. I will plan to visit the Sprint store soon, although I would really love to get an ebay deal and don't mind the last year's model.

I was looking at the 6700 too. Looks like a cool little toy.

Thanks!,

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
I believe the PPC 6600,6700,6800 and the Treo are capable of running the Windows Mobile OS (Pocket PC). I have the PPC-6600 and like it very much although battery life is lacking. A few people I know that have the 6700 say the battery life is better, and the 6800 was just released. I'm debating getting a 6700 now since the 6800 is released and there are some good deals on ebay or straight to the 6800 (but I don't like buying the most recent rev. of anything).

The Treo running Windows mobile I hear isn't that comfortable. If you can make it to a sprint store to test drive them all then you'll get first hand experience.

I was pretty much sold on the 6700 when a sprint store rep. streamed a video over the broadband service. I do a lot of web browsing on my 6600 (which is only 64K download now- not bad, but I'd love to be able to browse at near dsl/cable speeds too)

As long as you realize it's a PDA first and not a phone second (or third) you'll be ok. Many people who get that particular model don't like dialing with the stylus or pushing simulated buttons. That's the only downside, there's no real opportunity to do dialing with your thumb only...

Old 07-07-2007, 09:44 AM

I got the 6700. They are $400 with a $300 rebate right now. I went to the Sprint store just above the 485 (off of Providence) near the Home Depot.

I had to ask for it. They had none on display. They also said it was an internet only deal, but the manager worked it out for me.

The 6800 is now out so the 6700 won't be available long! If you want one now is the time to get it.

Dawn

Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 6,844,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnW View Post
I got the 6700. They are $400 with a $300 rebate right now. I went to the Sprint store just above the 485 (off of Providence) near the Home Depot.

I had to ask for it. They had none on display. They also said it was an internet only deal, but the manager worked it out for me.

The 6800 is now out so the 6700 won't be available long! If you want one now is the time to get it.

Dawn
well that's a great deal...i'd love to upgrade for $99 also since i have the 6600...was that a new line or just a trade-in?

Old 07-10-2007, 03:45 PM

I did have to change my plan a bit because my previous plan would not support the internet speed on this phone. So, I had to sign a 2 year contract.

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
well that's a great deal...i'd love to upgrade for $99 also since i have the 6600...was that a new line or just a trade-in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones