U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 06:31 PM

519 posts, read 548,719 times

Advertisements

The horse's mouth:
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...xUeXBlPTM=&t=1

Sprint, added 644K subscribers as of October 27th 2010.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2010, 04:47 PM

10 posts, read 9,931 times
I recommend AT&T. It's a rapidly expanding service.

Old 11-12-2010, 08:14 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,231,883 times
TMo has the best customer service in the business - Oh, You Thought T-Mobile Was Done Racking Up Customer Satisfaction Awards? | Android Phone Fans and the cheapest plans for the most minutes Cell Phone Plans: The Ultimate Comparison.

Old 11-12-2010, 11:10 PM

4,628 posts, read 9,890,970 times
For some reason I thought I needed a smart phone. It is a waste of money to pay for lots of bells and whistles I neither need nor want. Sooooo, I want to thank you, Nicole Without An "H", for posting those links to cell phone plan comparisons.

I just cut down my Verizon bill by some $85 knowing exactly what to ask for. [I'm not Scottish, btw, just frugal].

Old 11-12-2010, 11:44 PM

24,497 posts, read 38,578,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
TMo has the best customer service in the business - Oh, You Thought T-Mobile Was Done Racking Up Customer Satisfaction Awards? | Android Phone Fans and the cheapest plans for the most minutes Cell Phone Plans: The Ultimate Comparison.
T-Mobile has good plans no doubt... especially if you don't want a smartphone with data. If you want a smartphone w/ data, the Sprint plans pulls way ahead. Also, with Sprint, minutes may not really matter because they have unlimited mobile to mobile. It depends on how much time you spend talking to landlines. I T-mobile had unlimited mobile to mobile, then it would be a damn good choice hands down.

Old 11-13-2010, 06:55 AM

24,874 posts, read 22,875,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
T-Mobile has good plans no doubt... especially if you don't want a smartphone with data. If you want a smartphone w/ data, the Sprint plans pulls way ahead. Also, with Sprint, minutes may not really matter because they have unlimited mobile to mobile. It depends on how much time you spend talking to landlines. I T-mobile had unlimited mobile to mobile, then it would be a damn good choice hands down.
T-mobile just offers unlimited minutes, to any number.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
T-mobile just offers unlimited minutes, to any number.
Right, which is a decent plan if you're a talkaholic. What I was saying in my post is that Sprint offers a better smartphone plan. The Sprint smartphone plan is available to new customers for $59.99/$69.99 (cheaper if you're a student at a university). It's the same price as the unlimited minutes plan Tmobile has.

So everyone has to decide what they want based on their need:

T-Mobile: Unlimited minutes to any nationwide number on a non-smartphone for $59.99

Sprint: Unlimited minutes to any cell phone on any provider, Unlimited Data, Unlimited Text, 500 anytime minutes, nights that start at 7PM, GPS, on a smartphone for $59.99/$69.99 (It's available through F&F for $59.99, but they officially let everyone use it.)

Sure, there are cheaper options through retentions for both, but that's not an option for everyone.

Old 11-13-2010, 11:54 AM

15,861 posts, read 32,964,530 times
I had Alltel back before the merger with Verizon. I have not been happy with Verizon and I will not be staying with them after my contract is done. I have been looking at AT &T and they look pretty good to me.

20yrsinBranson

Old 11-13-2010, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I had Alltel back before the merger with Verizon. I have not been happy with Verizon and I will not be staying with them after my contract is done. I have been looking at AT &T and they look pretty good to me.

20yrsinBranson

What bothers you about Verizon? AT&T seems to be a hit or miss. Some people like them, others hate them.

Old 11-13-2010, 08:33 PM

11,543 posts, read 28,202,778 times
I had T-Mo and ATt&T. I had Sprint LD before it went all-cell; I am using my 5th Sprint phone. This is what I learned about my cell phones traveling between central Illinois and California.
.. Sprint and Verizon roam on each others towers. I've always had good coverage except in the mountains and desert where no one can find a signal. .
.. AT&T does very well in big cities and urban areas and not so well in Rural America. The pre-paid phone did not work in any rural area. The re-sell lied about coverage, kept the $40 I pre-paid and laughed. Mother Bell was our home phone for 70 years when I cut the cord.
.. T-Mo us much the same as AT&T. It's fabulous in SoCal and horrible in Fulton County, IL.
.. USCellular is the big dog in Illinois, but performs poorly in the rural areas, too.

A cellphone is ony as good as the mfg. Bad phones do not work well on any network. There is no phone standard for roaming. IMHO from the Mississippi to the Pacific I don't think Sprint/Verizon roaming can be beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones