U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 12:06 PM

519 posts, read 549,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
Anyhow, the point I was getting to is that Sprint's stock price isn't going up because Sprint's overall service isn't going up significantly enough to garner them significant market share.
That isn't necessarily an accurate correlation to draw...Besides what is that then saying about T-Mobile whose market share is notably smaller than Sprint's?

Quote:
Anyhow, point is, I'm a fan of T-Mo in terms of domestic wireless carriers for a myriad of reasons including the fact that they have the best phones, and the month-to-month plan is the best in the business
I'm sorry, but those aren't facts, those are your opinions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 12:26 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,259,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan702 View Post
That isn't necessarily an accurate correlation to draw...Besides what is that then saying about T-Mobile whose market share is notably smaller than Sprint's?

I'm sorry, but those aren't facts, those are your opinions.
Yeah, you're right. It's merely my opinion that I pay 60 dollars a month less for 2 phones with unlimited talk and data plans with T-Mo than I do with every other phone company out there. Because, you know, they give me a special rate that they wouldn't give you if you walked into the store. They just like the cut of my chin. Right. Sorry, but that's a fact. As is the fact that they have the best phones. Their relationship with HTC and Samsung pretty much assures them of that, and since they have 2 of the only 3 4G phones available right now (the G2 and the MyTouch 4g), both of which are newer and more feature-laden than the EVO, it pretty much calls that one fact, too.

I guess the fact that S just reported earnings and fell short, and revealed they had lost customers, while the other carriers gained customers (with T-Mo picking up the most) is also merely opinion. I'll be sure to tell the brokers on Wall Street that the earnings report was an editorial and not a factual accounting sheet next time I'm in town.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:29 PM

25,712 posts, read 25,777,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Hi all. I just have a plain old motorola now, and was planning on a free upgrade to a smartphone when my current contract was finished. Also, I thought that since I've been with T-Mobile for about 10 years that they might negotiate a better plan. But, no. Are there any other less expensive providers? Anyone have any experience with Cricket or Virgin Mobile?
Every carrier will have their pros and cons, no matter where you are how you use it. No carrier is invincible to dropped calls or no signal in some areas.
Sometimes when you go online they have internet specials that stores or customer service doesnt offer. I actually got a pretty good deal that isnt offered in stores when they renewed my plan last year.

Ive had pretty good luck with my plans for almost 8 years now and probably will stick with them. It would take a lot for me to change to another carrier, as Ive been real happy with mine forever.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:50 PM

519 posts, read 549,268 times
Quote:
Yeah, you're right.
I know.

Quote:
It's merely my opinion that I pay 60 dollars a month less for 2 phones with unlimited talk and data plans with T-Mo than I do with every other phone company out there. Because, you know, they give me a special rate that they wouldn't give you if you walked into the store. They just like the cut of my chin. Right. Sorry, but that's a fact.
$60 less, eh? What plan might that be? I don't doubt that they may have the best plans for you, however, claiming that they flat out have the best plans period is a matter of opinion because everyone's needs are different.

Quote:
As is the fact that they have the best phones. Their relationship with HTC and Samsung pretty much assures them of that, and since they have 2 of the only 3 4G phones available right now (the G2 and the MyTouch 4g), both of which are newer and more feature-laden than the EVO, it pretty much calls that one fact, too.
Please. T-mobile doesn't have any special "relationship" with HTC or Samsung that assures them of anything. They buy phones from them just the same as the other carriers do. You're also incorrect about T-mobile having 2 of the only 4G phones available seeing that Sprint has the Evo 4G and Epic 4G.

Quote:
I guess the fact that S just reported earnings and fell short, and revealed they had lost customers, while the other carriers gained customers (with T-Mo picking up the most) is also merely opinion.
Nah, that's not opinion, that's just flat out wrong.

Quote:
I'll be sure to tell the brokers on Wall Street that the earnings report was an editorial and not a factual accounting sheet next time I'm in town.
Yep, you do that, I'm sure they'd enjoy a nice laugh at your expense.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:57 PM

24,497 posts, read 38,613,129 times
Quote:
Yeah, you're right. It's merely my opinion that I pay 60 dollars a month less for 2 phones with unlimited talk and data plans with T-Mo than I do with every other phone company out there. Because, you know, they give me a special rate that they wouldn't give you if you walked into the store. They just like the cut of my chin. Right. Sorry, but that's a fact. As is the fact that they have the best phones. Their relationship with HTC and Samsung pretty much assures them of that, and since they have 2 of the only 3 4G phones available right now (the G2 and the MyTouch 4g), both of which are newer and more feature-laden than the EVO, it pretty much calls that one fact, too.

I guess the fact that S just reported earnings and fell short, and revealed they had lost customers, while the other carriers gained customers (with T-Mo picking up the most) is also merely opinion. I'll be sure to tell the brokers on Wall Street that the earnings report was an editorial and not a factual accounting sheet next time I'm in town.
The better phone argument changes every few months. One day T-Mobile, then Verizon, then Sprint.... If best phone at any given time is most important, then it is nice that Sprint allowed discounted upgrades every year.

Also, Sprint's cell phone service is just a part of what they do. It's not like they have all their business in mobile phones.

Seems like they gained subscribers.

"[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]
[LEFT]OVERLAND PARK, Kan. – Oct. 27, 2010 – Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE: S)
[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]today reported that
during the third quarter of 2010, the company achieved its best total company wireless subscriber
net additions since 2006, adding 644,000 total wireless subscribers driven by positive net postpaid
subscriber growth of 354,000 for the Sprint brand and the company’s best year-over-year[/LEFT]
improvement in postpaid churn in five years."

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External...xUeXBlPTM=&t=1

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 12-18-2010, 03:26 AM

9,420 posts, read 7,947,046 times
You cant beat Sprint. I've been with them for a month and a half and i dont have any complaints. I have, imo, the best phone on the market (EVO) nothing in t-mobile's line-up can compete. Hell, the iphone cant compete (i've proven that to numerous iphone users that thought their iphone i out perform my EVO). I was previously with t-mobile for 2 and a half years and i personally think they suck. the phones suck, i had the HD2 (the then best phone they had before the G2), and that phone would freeze on a regular basis. the service sucked. I can be a in place where everyone has 3 or 4 bars, and i have 0 bars. I remember about a year ago in ALL t-mobile phones went down at the same time for a few hours. When i was with verizon i dropped calls like crazy and the bill was high as hell. To make a long story short......go with SPRINT and get a EVO aka the iphone, droid X killer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones