U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:52 PM

5,804 posts, read 6,535,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
That's the phone I have. Love it. What new info, though? Are you asking if it got Gingerbread? It did.
When did you buy it? Is it Verizon? Just two days ago, the agent at Verizon store told me it was loaded with Android 2.2 only.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2011, 09:13 AM

13,206 posts, read 15,292,413 times
And you trust the idiot at the VZW store over me? Come on now.

Yes, I promise you, the DROID INCREDIBLE 2 on the VERIZON network is on 2.3.3.
It was rolled out a month or 2 ago. 3 people at my office have them. It SHIPS with 2.2 but 10 minutes after you fire it up, you get: "there is an update available for your phone. Download now?".

Need more proof?

Gingerbread now available for Droid Incredible 2 | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

The first Incredible is getting 2.3.3 this week or next.
So hopefully us DINC2 owners will be getting 2.3.4 soon too.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:39 PM

5,804 posts, read 6,535,128 times
Thanks!
Do you like the phone? How is the battery life?
(On a side note - today they launched the Motorola Bionic and it sounds tempting. But it costs $300 with a 2 year program. Whould you take it?)

Old 09-09-2011, 07:30 AM

13,206 posts, read 15,292,413 times
I absolutely love it.
The battery life is currently the best of any Droid, but I won't lie... it still sucks. lol If you use it alot you have to plug it in every night.
All smartphones have crap battery life.

The Bionic is nice but I am an HTC fan. I like the little bits of goodness they sprinkle on top of the Android Operating System.
The Android screen they always seem to show is the HTC one. The clock and weather widget in the pic here:

was created by HTC. You can't get that on other Droid phones. You can get imitation ones that look similar in the market for 99 cents but they still aren't quite as good.

The Bionic is a smidge large for me. The INC2 is about the largest I would get.
Nothing wrong with it though. Has the 4g speed. I am not in a hurry to get these first generation LTE 4G phones either so it was an easy choice for me.
HTC has a 4G phone called the THunderbolt but it is getting crap reviews for battery as it always looks for a 4G network.
To me buying that or the Bionic is like buy a first gen of a new car line... I prefer to get the 2nd gen one so all the bugs have been worked out.

The INC2 is also a world phone. I go to Mexico a couple times a year and like to have my phone with me.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:54 AM

Location: Just East of the Southern Portion of the Western Part of PA
1,267 posts, read 3,387,166 times
The Iphone 5 will be released soon, and will be a solid phone as always.

Verizon just released the Bionic, which is an impressive (but expensive) device. There are other even cooler phones coming in a month or so from Verizon, like the Samsung Nexus Prime / Droid Prime. Rumor has it that Verizon will drop the price of the Bionic by $100 in October to make it more competitive with these new phones.

If you live in a non-4G area, then the Iphone 5 is probably your best bet. Rumors also circulating that Verizon will offer unlimited data plans with the Iphones.

If you live in a 4G area then the choice is clear - get one of the 4G phones from Verizon. The speed difference is remarkable.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:22 PM

9,093 posts, read 17,463,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
I am kicking myself for not adding data before they took away the unlimited
unless you currently have a smart phone you can stop the self abuse .... only smartphone unlimited data packs are being grandfathered .... if you go from a basic phone to a smartphone you have to choose a tiered plan, even if you had unlimited data prior to the cutoff

Old 09-21-2011, 12:32 PM

1,916 posts, read 7,264,352 times
I currently am on my 4th or is it 5th Droid X. Finally spoke with someone at Verizon (after months of idiots) who seems to know what he is talking about. Is finally letting me upgrade to a different phone because he says my DroidX is outdated and the current software makes my only year old phone outdated???? Don't know about that but......he suggests a DroidX2. I am leaning on waiting for the iPhone5 (I want the better camera) Also looked into the Bionic. My dilema is that the Droidx2 and Bionic have about the worst reviews on the Verizon site. No one seems to like them at all. Several Droidx2 reviews are especially discouraging. I know people who take the time to write reviews do so because they are usually disgruntled. However the iPhone reviews were all good. I am so torn!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones