U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2011, 10:30 AM

1,140 posts, read 1,980,489 times

Advertisements

Ok - Better Camera, a bit lighter, tweaked operating system and software, new apps, perhaps faster processors, perhaps a slightly bigger screen -but hey so what? What not just call an upgraded version of the Iphone 4 - There is nothing significantly new here.

Surely - Smart phones will only start getting better when the battery life improve significantly and 4G access is available everywhere - then we are talking significant changes - not minor tweaks that are presented as some sort of great leap forward in technology.

Or is there something massively different I am missing?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 10:38 AM

31,765 posts, read 26,912,224 times
What is wrong with battery life? My iPhone 4 does just fine in that area.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:23 AM

387 posts, read 554,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
Ok - Better Camera, a bit lighter, tweaked operating system and software, new apps, perhaps faster processors, perhaps a slightly bigger screen -but hey so what? What not just call an upgraded version of the Iphone 4 - There is nothing significantly new here.

Surely - Smart phones will only start getting better when the battery life improve significantly and 4G access is available everywhere - then we are talking significant changes - not minor tweaks that are presented as some sort of great leap forward in technology.

Or is there something massively different I am missing?
I think faster processor more RAM and voice recognition software as per reports

Old 10-01-2011, 02:59 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,016,067 times
Personally I feel they should have called it an iPhone 4GS but marketing is marketing.

Old 10-01-2011, 10:15 PM

24,497 posts, read 38,380,573 times
Well, we won't know for a few days... but my guess is that kazyn is right here. It's probably a minor iteration as the rumors suggest.

If I were to get an iPhone now though, I'd get the 5 over the 4.

It's just got better specs and can do more than previous editions. Not a whole lot more, but Apple has to do something to keep up with competitors in terms of hardware. So minor releases make sense.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 AM

40 posts, read 65,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyking View Post
What not just call an upgraded version of the Iphone 4
I think they have it is called the iphone 4S it has the dual core A5 processor in it but maybe next year they might upgrade it to the iphone 5 with better performance and a new shape (tear-drop i think)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones