Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 08:50 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,741,022 times

Advertisements

I have pre-ordered two iPHone 4s phones. I am looking for suggestions for cases.

One of the phones is for my wife, so I am looking for suggestions for a case that she would like and that would also protest the phone.

I have an HTC Evo right now.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

What are you currently using to protect your iPhone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 10:44 AM

387 posts, read 591,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
I have pre-ordered two iPHone 4s phones. I am looking for suggestions for cases.

One of the phones is for my wife, so I am looking for suggestions for a case that she would like and that would also protest the phone.

I have an HTC Evo right now.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

What are you currently using to protect your iPhone?
I personally like cases made by Speck They make the best cases I am not sure yet if Speck has update the site with 4s model but since the size of phone is the same the cases for iphone4 will work too Some of models come with holder so you can watch videos or TV if you have sling media app
Speck Products | home
You can also try cases by otter box which are more sturdier if you are prone to drop your phone a lot

Old 10-09-2011, 11:25 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,741,022 times
Thanks for the input. I have thought about getting an otterbox. I haven't heard of speck. Will either case make it bulky? I like how sexy the phone feels naked, but I also want to protect it.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:33 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,005,761 times
I just heard that the case for the iPhone 4 will not fit the the 4s. Reason given was camera lens size on the 4s is larger and iPhone 4 cases block part of it. Can anyone confirm this?

Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKD View Post
I just heard that the case for the iPhone 4 will not fit the the 4s. Reason given was camera lens size on the 4s is larger and iPhone 4 cases block part of it. Can anyone confirm this?
I really doubt it Speck and other manufacturers are selling iphone4/4s as the same

Old 10-11-2011, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
Thanks for the input. I have thought about getting an otterbox. I haven't heard of speck. Will either case make it bulky? I like how sexy the phone feels naked, but I also want to protect it.
Speck is very famous for its cases I have had them since first iphone came out I mostly like for their stand as it lets you watch a movie while having a coffee Otterbox are more sturdier and little more expensive and do make iphone little bulky If you want to make your iphone look sexier get colorful cover of Speck I think they do have a pink cover which most ladies like to have on their phone

Old 10-11-2011, 10:45 AM

2,187 posts, read 8,005,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrs99 View Post
I really doubt it Speck and other manufacturers are selling iphone4/4s as the same
I did some more digging and found this on it:

Will Your iPhone 4S Work in an iPhone 4 Case? Probably

I guess it depends on when the case was manufactured. Good to know. Nothing about the camera lens as I was told but about the mute and volume buttons.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:51 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,876,421 times
If you're one of the folks that worry about SAR (radiation) ratings on phones, then Pong Research has the only FCC approved SAR reducing case out there. They have a model 4 case but not sure if the 4S is out yet. You can call them to find out: Pong Research - The leader in radiation reducing cell phone cases. Cell Phone Radiation Protection Cases, Apple iphone 4 cases, Verizon iPhone 4, iPhone 3G/3GS, BlackBerry

Old 10-12-2011, 10:54 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,921,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
If you're one of the folks that worry about SAR (radiation) ratings on phones, then Pong Research has the only FCC approved SAR reducing case out there.
Color me skeptical. When you do anything that could possibly interfere with the phone's signal strength, the phone will crank up its power to compensate. Wrap the phone in what basically amounts to an RF shield and the phone will respond by increasing its transmission power, thus increasing the SAR.

Old 10-12-2011, 07:58 PM

1,631 posts, read 4,224,151 times
The wife and I just ordered Otterbox Commuters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones