Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2011, 10:02 AM

2,182 posts, read 5,437,932 times

Advertisements

On a blackberry, you can check an option that says "mailbox wins" - basically meaning if you delete an email on the blackberry, it stays on the server. However, when you delete the email on the server, the email is deleted on all devices.

Is there a way to do this on an iPhone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2011, 01:13 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,860,889 times
Depends on the protocol used to talk to the mail server, doesn't it? If you were using POP3, you could choose to leave mail on the server, so nothing you do on the phone matters, but deleting the message on the server won't affect any device that had already downloaded the message. If you're using ActiveSync to an Exchange server, anything you do on the phone affects the stored messages on the server and vice versa. I don't use IMAP, so I can't comment on how it works with the iOS mail app.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:24 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,437,932 times
It would be an exchange account.

Blackberry goes through our BES and to our exchange server. I was hoping that there would be an option either server-side or on the phone itself to make this happen, but I've been searching for a while and I haven't found a thing. I'm thinking this is not possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones