Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2011, 08:36 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,452 times

Advertisements

Hi,
simple question......should i get the phone (new line) from a sprint store or a Digitel sprint store?

Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 08:04 AM

1,434 posts, read 3,920,853 times
Whichever is cheapest.

Bear in mind that when you buy from a third-party reseller / agent (like Digitel, Amazon, "that guy in the mall", etc), you may be subject to additional terms. For example, they may charge you an early termination fee of $250 IN ADDITION to your ETF with Sprint. They may also require you to stay on a specific rate plan for a given number of months. In exchange for these terms, the agents usually ofter drastically lower prices. The return period may also be different with the agent than with the carrier.

You will get the same warranty and customer service either way, no matter what any employee tells you.

I would definitely buy your accessories online. Your average high-quality premium-grade car charger is around $.50 - $1 wholesale. A carrier might mark this charger up to $30, but online pricing may be around $10 with free shipping.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:24 AM

863 posts, read 2,991,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownHarrisburg View Post
I would definitely buy your accessories online. Your average high-quality premium-grade car charger is around $.50 - $1 wholesale. A carrier might mark this charger up to $30, but online pricing may be around $10 with free shipping.
Amazon.com has a lot of accessories for GREAT prices.

Old 10-14-2011, 10:38 AM

812 posts, read 1,906,833 times
I walked into my ATT store this morning and purchased my new one. Was about the 15th person in line at 3 mins after they opened. Was done in less than an hour including my wait.

Old 10-16-2011, 10:21 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,370,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alise007 View Post
I walked into my ATT store this morning and purchased my new one. Was about the 15th person in line at 3 mins after they opened. Was done in less than an hour including my wait.
Did you already have an older Iphone? I have the original generation one Iphone that's about 4 years old but it is getting beat up and isn't holding it's charge well any more.
I have an ATT account. Did you have to sign a new long term plan to get the new Iphone or were you able to just keep your old account?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones