Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 10:10 PM

149 posts, read 270,453 times

Advertisements

The Droid Razr went on pre-order this week. Right now it's looking to be a pretty good phone. I like the design although I was expecting it to look differently.

What's your opinion on it? Do you think this phone will be a hit or a miss?

Specs:

4.30 inches
4G LTE
Super AMOLED
Dual core, 1200 MHz, TI OMAP 4430
1GB RAM
16GB storage
8MP camera, 1.3MP front-facing camera
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2011, 10:11 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,885,851 times
From my understanding you can't change the battery yourself (sealed case design). I always consider it a deal breaker if I can't swap out the battery myself.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:15 PM

Ahh, yes! That really sucks and will reduce the sales. That was a totally idiot idea.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:50 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times
how big is it? one thing I personally dislike about Android phones is how huge these phones are getting to the point that putting them in a regular pocket isn't possible. I understand people want huge screen for watching video on and typing, but I wish they would make smaller phones. if the Razr could draw in the folks who want an Android phone in a smaller form factor, it could survive

Old 10-30-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
how big is it? one thing I personally dislike about Android phones is how huge these phones are getting to the point that putting them in a regular pocket isn't possible. I understand people want huge screen for watching video on and typing, but I wish they would make smaller phones. if the Razr could draw in the folks who want an Android phone in a smaller form factor, it could survive
7.1mm thickness
4.3in screen

Old 10-30-2011, 08:46 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
I am typically of the mindset of having the opportunity to swap the battery. But in my 15 years of having a cell phone, I never have.

Do you guys carry around extra batteries?

Old 10-31-2011, 05:37 AM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I am typically of the mindset of having the opportunity to swap the battery. But in my 15 years of having a cell phone, I never have.

Do you guys carry around extra batteries?
I carry a 2nd battery when travelling or going into a day long seminar.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:32 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,698,509 times
The lack of a replaceable battery hasn't hurt iPhone sales.
I don't consider that a deal breaker. If we had 4 year contracts on our phones, maybe, but these batteries today usually don't mstart to lose a charge until about the 2 year mark.

I am not big on Motorola phones but I do like this RAZR a lot.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:58 AM

21,882 posts, read 25,146,349 times
Removable battery is really about two things. First, you've got battery life. These phones suck juice like nobodies business. My phone lasts less than two hours when bluetooth tethered to my laptop. Combine that with Pandora and some websurfing, email, proof reading transcripts on the go... I usually charge my phone one during the day and then at night. If I've got no where to charge (rare, but does occur) that's where the second battery comes in. It's either that or a bulky external power pack which is inconvenient and a cheap substitute.

The second is lockups. I've had my Droid lockup maybe a half dozen times in two years. They're less common with the iPhone, but I know a few people who have had to go to the iZoo and stand around while a genius undid a couple screws. It was either that or void your warranty. And most people don't run around with little tiny proprietary screw drivers to void their warranty anyway. Anyway you look at it, you're out the use of your phone for at least a few hours. Software based reset switches are better than nothing, but if the things completely locked up they aren't going to do you any good.

Also, there's the Rezound. It hasn't had the publicity but looks good as well.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:03 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,895,961 times
The Droid RAZR is just a flattened out Bionic.....Wonder why this and the Bionic were released so much closer together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones