Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:24 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,012,837 times

Advertisements

AT&T's problem is they charge premium prices but have a subpar network. Lots of dropped calls and inconsistent 3G network speeds. AT&T has gotten a lot better in the last 5 years but GSM just isn't as good as CDMA at covering large areas with a cell signal. T-Mobile and Sprint don't have great networks but they charge a hell of a lot less. I don't think Verizon's customer service is any better than AT&T but their network blows them away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2011, 10:22 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,921,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post
I hate AT&T. Have for a while now. When my contract is up in February I'm running away and never looking back. What happened to me this morning was the straw the broke the camel's back.
That's the kind of service that can make or break a company. Unfortunately, based on most of the posts here, that sounds like it's par for the course.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:03 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjg5 View Post

So, I go to call customer service, and I can't even call that! You would think that if service gets interrupted, that they would still allow you to call customer service at the very least. Nope, couldn't do it. Not by calling the 1800 number, nor by dialing 611, could I complete the call. I thought that was a load of BS. I was able to pay online (thank goodness for the holiday money I received!), but still, the fact that I was denied a call to customer service was the straw that broke the camel's back.
If you call you need to listen to the "your service has been suspended ..." stuff, you wait a few seconds then it will let you pay and service is restored immediately.

Old 12-30-2011, 12:17 PM

145 posts, read 420,495 times
Kind of funny they are ranked last. In november i went in asking a few questions about iphone 4s because i was considering getting one through them because the iphone on their towers utilizes the HSPA + for theoretical faster speeds. So after a few questions i asked about availability and they told me i would have to preorder it which i def did not want to do ( why give them money up front with nothing in return and i may find it at another store ) because they said it was back ordered everywhere and no chance of finding one. So i said " if its back ordered everywhere, why does the sprint booth around the corner currently have them in stock" the worker said well yeah but who really wants to use their service, thats why they have them.... To me this was really arrogant and a stupid response to a question that he had no answer for. I thought twice about it with that company if the worker was that rude and pushy as well for a pre order. And yes this was a corporate store and not one of those third party retailers that are more like carnival barkers .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones