U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2012, 12:47 PM

1,764 posts, read 4,008,478 times

Advertisements

Okay, today when I plugged my phone into the computer through a USB cord it did not say anything on the phone's screen such as "connected". All it say's is that the battery is charging.

Do anyone know what the problem is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 11:16 PM

15,922 posts, read 17,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
Okay, today when I plugged my phone into the computer through a USB cord it did not say anything on the phone's screen such as "connected". All it say's is that the battery is charging.

Do anyone know what the problem is?
connecting LG900G to computer with USB cable

Old 01-23-2012, 04:53 PM

119 posts, read 202,314 times
I don't own an LG phone myself, nor have I ever played with synching one on a computer, but here's some basic steps to try.

Can you see the phone on the computer? I'm assuming you are using windows 7, so it should be in "Computer", which you can access via the desktop and or the start menu.

Can you see the phone in the software for the phone (the program you use to synch)? Can you manually start a synch?

****If you cannot see the phone in "Computer" then you can try re-installing the USB drivers. Sometimes it works when USB devices aren't being recognized properly.****

Un-Plug any USB accessories (phone, mouse((on a laptop)), thumb drives, etc)

Right click on "Computer"

Click Properties

Click "Device Manager" on the top left hand side

There should be a category called "Universal Serial Bus controllers", expand that category.

Start at the bottom and right click each one and click uninstall.

If anything pops up on the lower right hand of your screen saying that it is installing drivers don't worry about it, just let it go. Once you finish uninstalling reboot the computer. It should automatically re-install the drivers for you, let it do that. Then plug the phone back in and see if it will synch.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,157 times
Angry LG900G does not connect to PC

I read a heading on the internet that one type of connector does not work. As a temporary soltion, I load the micro chip directly from my computer and reinserted it into the phone.

The microsoft control panel does not recognize the phone. For other devices that I have, the computer automatically recognizes the device when I attach it to the cable but this does not happen with the LG900G.

I still haven't been able to download with the cable I have now.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:24 PM

2,182 posts, read 4,725,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytig View Post
I read a heading on the internet that one type of connector does not work. As a temporary soltion, I load the micro chip directly from my computer and reinserted it into the phone.

The microsoft control panel does not recognize the phone. For other devices that I have, the computer automatically recognizes the device when I attach it to the cable but this does not happen with the LG900G.

I still haven't been able to download with the cable I have now.
Have you installed the driver for your phone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones