U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 11:21 AM
940 940 started this thread

13,790 posts, read 7,588,636 times

Advertisements

Is anyone upset due to this price cut only 10 weeks since the I-Phone was released??
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 01:21 PM

262 posts, read 248,022 times
heck no im about to go out and get one now because of the proce drop.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:42 PM

615 posts, read 814,600 times
I still really want to get one, but not so sure just yet, because I've heard some people say that the battery life is very limited. I think I might just wait until later next year. Hopefully by then all the kinks will be worked out.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:23 PM

1,048 posts, read 4,095,480 times
People do not have the right to be upset over this. The people who want to be the first in line for new technology always pay more. They are called the "early adopters."

This is the same with all new technology. New processors today cost more than they will in few months.

I still would not pay $300 for such a phone at this "cheaper" price.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:16 AM

510 posts, read 3,074,448 times
I paid $550 for my Razr... If you want the newest coolest toys to show off, you pay the price. Then as soon as everyone has one... get the next coolest toy

Once everyone and their dog, horse, and hamster had a Razr I ordered a Qtek 8500. The only windows mobile 5 flip phone on the market. Now Cingular has them for cheap, but HTC (they made em) screwed up something fierce by getting them to the states too late... the Iphone dusted them, and most people don't even know they exist.

I personally just want the new bendable translucent phone that I've seen rumors on!

Or I could just save a ton of money and go back to a Startac

Old 09-09-2007, 09:15 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,004,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseJeff View Post
I paid $550 for my Razr... If you want the newest coolest toys to show off, you pay the price. Then as soon as everyone has one... get the next coolest toy

Once everyone and their dog, horse, and hamster had a Razr I ordered a Qtek 8500. The only windows mobile 5 flip phone on the market. Now Cingular has them for cheap, but HTC (they made em) screwed up something fierce by getting them to the states too late... the Iphone dusted them, and most people don't even know they exist.

I personally just want the new bendable translucent phone that I've seen rumors on!

Or I could just save a ton of money and go back to a Startac

Yup- I was one of the poor souls that got the first gen CD burners for near $900 "back in the day". It then dropped $600 in about 2 months. I vowed never again would I get 1.0 of anything

Old 09-09-2007, 10:43 PM

419 posts, read 2,110,463 times
The only reason I really know about this is because it killed AAPL last week. I read the news in the WSJ, and without hesitation, a sell-off that morning.

Now, not a boost for the company stock, but a plus for iPhone owners...Steve Jobs has began some discussion about issuing credits for those who did purchase one at the original price. Not for the whole $200, but for $100 I think. Nothing set in stone yet, but for those owners, check your mailboxes soon!

Old 09-12-2007, 03:05 PM

1,562 posts, read 4,030,871 times
Anyone that bought the phone obviously has no idea how to buy electronics. Anytime you buy something that's brand new it's jacked way up there till they mass produce it. Granted it was quick for the price drop, but none-the-less.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:20 PM

615 posts, read 814,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marodi View Post
Anyone that bought the phone obviously has no idea how to buy electronics. Anytime you buy something that's brand new it's jacked way up there till they mass produce it. Granted it was quick for the price drop, but none-the-less.
No kidding! Not to mention those poor suckers who waited in line for the PlayStation 3. Some payed as much as $3000 !!! I couldn't believe the kind of bids I was seeing on ebay too! It's crazy to pay that price for this type of stuff.

Old 09-13-2007, 01:24 PM

693 posts, read 2,619,306 times
maybe when the iphone works with Verizon (AT&T=eeww) and has some sort of hard-keys keyboard i'll consider getting one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones