Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times

Advertisements

i dont own a cell phone. but when i call people on their cell phone they dont pick up. then i just hang up and they call me back talking about " yeah somebody called from this #" duh, it was me. why do you do that, what is the point. pick it up if a person calls. dont wait to see if they leave a message to then call back a few seconds later. If you are driving i understand. Is there a reason why u do this?

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 04-05-2012 at 03:58 PM.. Reason: moved from the SA Forum - unrelated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 02:49 PM

129 posts, read 323,153 times
Bill collectors.LOL

Old 04-05-2012, 02:59 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
For the same reason I do not answer the door just because someone knocks on it. People have life. They are busy, or they are relaxing, or eating, or having a quality time with SO or family. Some do not carry the phone with them 24/7. If someone calls me, and I am busy, I am not going to drop what I am doing and answer the phone, because the person on the other end has nothing to do and wants to be entertained. I also screen the calls by checking who is calling, and most of the times just check the message. I know whose call is important and who's not so. Maybe your calls are not so important to someone...

Last edited by elnina; 04-05-2012 at 03:07 PM..

Old 04-05-2012, 03:14 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,874,074 times
This dude feels the same as you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwebJQkR99k

Old 04-05-2012, 03:21 PM

581 posts, read 1,187,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
For the same reason I do not answer the door just because someone knocks on it. People have life. They are busy, or they are relaxing, or eating, or having a quality time with SO or family. Some do not carry the phone with them 24/7. If someone calls me, and I am busy, I am not going to drop what I am doing and answer the phone, because the person on the other end has nothing to do and wants to be entertained. I also screen the calls by checking who is calling, and most of the times just check the message. I know whose call is important and who's not so. Maybe your calls are not so important to someone...

THIS!!

If I don't recognize the number, I'm not picking up. If i'm driving, I won't pick up. If I'm with my family/friends and it's not from my boss or my work number suffix, i'm not picking up. Plus, I, personally, never bring my phone everywhere because usually, I'm with the only other person who calls me, my GF, and if anyone "really" needs to contact me for family emergencies and the like, then they'll call her next. I spent so many years while in training and internship tied to a phone/pager/radio and with my current position, I don't need to be. And sometimes, I just don't feel like talking on the phone or being socialable. It sucks but it happens. I don't expect for anyone else to answer on the first ring. Unless that's your job.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:59 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,098,960 times
easy,

you need to own a cell phone buddy. i could care less if an unknown local number calls me because i'm almost certain it's not important. plus, you've got bill collectors, banks, insurance people, cell phone companies, random people who mistake your cell number that also call. no need to answer. that's why i have my voicemail set up and if it's important they'll leave one. i'll listen to it first because having to answer a call i'm unsure of then being caught off guard not wanting to talk to them is annoying.

heck, i sometimes don't even answer contacts i already have in my phone unless i know it's urgent lol. texting is much easier and convenient to get a quick point across. so yea, get a phone.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:43 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,685,474 times
so you can leave a voicemail

Old 04-05-2012, 04:55 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,763 times
You don't even own one, yet expect me to pick up right away?

Old 04-05-2012, 05:15 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times
Doesn't bother me that people don't schedule their entire life to revolve around their cell phone & texting. It would be pathetic and OCD to be that way!

Old 04-05-2012, 08:00 PM

1,361 posts, read 2,271,468 times
Well I often don't pickup because I use my cell # for everything and I know it gets out to telemarketers BUT the last thing I'm going to do is call them back. Besides if you add an 800 to my cell it's a local tool company and all the idiots in town think because it's in SA # they can just leave off the 800 and get them. Seriously I had one guy yell at me because he swore he dialed the 800 after I answered and explained what he needed to do to dial correctly. I did call HIM back...and yelled at his machine after he hung up on me. As to why they call you right back that's beyond me. If they don't want to talk why call back???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones