U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 10:27 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,004,394 times

Advertisements

I love my HTV EVO 3D (except for battery life). Now that the HTC EVO LTE is coming this Friday, who has pre-ordered? I know basically LTE is non-existent, but it's promising. The phone itself looks beautiful and the fact that the kickstand is back (seems so minuscule) it is a welcome re-addition.

However I am gonna wait, I'm a sucker for the "get this shiny new <whatever>" and decided to wait until LTE is more mature on Sprint. I like what I am hearing is that LTE is going to be about 3x at least better than 4G speeds on Sprint and that it will have better building penetration. If LTE was available in Charlotte and Atlanta, and New York *now* bet you I would be getting it just to use it as a hot spot...

Anyway, hoping you early adopters can share your experience and I can live vicariously through you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 10:48 AM

2,182 posts, read 4,922,890 times
I have always liked those nifty little kickstands, I wish my SGS2 had one.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM

37,417 posts, read 64,871,479 times
I was leaning strongly toward getting one, but Sprint doesn't offer LTE here yet, and the 4G LTE has no 4G WiMax functionality.
EVDO works, but isn't really an attractive alternative.
I think I will wait for LTE to be introduced to the area.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM

24,497 posts, read 37,670,392 times
I think it's a hard still for those of us currently enjoying sprints Wimax service. There's little reason for it's to immediately upgrade. I'll probably skip this round and edit for lte later this year.

Old 05-14-2012, 05:26 PM

5,805 posts, read 8,987,317 times
I'm waiting for LTE period.....Sprint's network is going through a massive overhaul called "Network Vision" pretty much rebuilding the Network while Killing the Nextel iDen network...And we're in the middle of this process right now on the East Coast and I can see the degrading in the Network Quality as its being replaced...

So I will wait for the new Network Vision/LTE to be complete in NYC before I upgrade. I'm hearing NYC metro (5 Boroughs, North and Central Jersey, Westchester, LI and Downstate CT) will be completed around OCT in time for the iPhone 5 launch.

By that time I will decide....EVO, GSIII, iPhone 5.....I'm probably going to stay in the Android camp since i carry both an iPod and iPad.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:26 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,004,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I was leaning strongly toward getting one, but Sprint doesn't offer LTE here yet, and the 4G LTE has no 4G WiMax functionality.
EVDO works, but isn't really an attractive alternative.
I think I will wait for LTE to be introduced to the area.
wow! I didn't know this, I thought if LTE wasn't available it would do plain old 4G?!? That stinks!

Old 08-10-2012, 07:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,998 times
I have the Evo for two years and love the kickstand. I am ready for an upgrade and trying to decide whether to go with the upgraded and updated Evo 4G Lte or try the Samsung Galaxy S3. I am used to the Evo and all it has to offer but of course the S3 is a true competitor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones