Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I hope 4G LTE is worth the wait because the data on Sprint is slow, even 4G is slow and weak in some parts of Raleigh.
In Atlanta I am getting faster download/upload speeds on LTE than I do on my home wifi.

12.5Mbps down and 7.87Mbps up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 10:57 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
One other thing to consider with removable non-removable batteries, is that he battery will degrade with time and if you want to keep your phone for more than 2 years, it will be an issue. I guess what is meant by "non-removable" is important, whether it is a couple screws or if the thing is soldered to the phone itself.
I really consider smartphones as 22 month devices. Due to newer shinier stuff and general durability.
Sold my EVO for $150, so upgrading cost me a total of $91. And the EVO was a refurb replacement for one that croaked.

But, just like two years ago, I am enchanted by my new dievice, and wondering what compelling device will replace it in 22 months.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:31 PM

10,106 posts, read 9,953,102 times
I got the new EVO today and this phone is much better than the original. A hell of a lot faster too.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:03 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I really consider smartphones as 22 month devices. Due to newer shinier stuff and general durability.
Sold my EVO for $150, so upgrading cost me a total of $91. And the EVO was a refurb replacement for one that croaked.

But, just like two years ago, I am enchanted by my new dievice, and wondering what compelling device will replace it in 22 months.

SO you have the S3? How is it? Specifically how is the call quality, data reception issues? Samsung gets a bad rap for that and it seems like this is the only possible drawback. I had a similiar chose but I chose the Rezound on Verizon mostly cause of the radios.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:04 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,666,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post

True I guess my situation is different since I have the unlimited data Verizon issue and I may not see another subsidized upgrade.

Old 08-01-2012, 08:41 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
SO you have the S3? How is it? Specifically how is the call quality, data reception issues? Samsung gets a bad rap for that and it seems like this is the only possible drawback. I had a similiar chose but I chose the Rezound on Verizon mostly cause of the radios.
It is a fine device. Currently crippled by the lack of LTE on Sprint, but it is so very fast on WiFi.

I believe you on the radios. I am dropping more calls this week than I ever did with the EVO. We have weak signal areas, and I used to break up a little but stay connected. Multiple times this week, calls have dropped in those areas.

Old 08-01-2012, 10:32 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
In Atlanta I am getting faster download/upload speeds on LTE than I do on my home wifi.

12.5Mbps down and 7.87Mbps up.
When did ATL get the LTE? You are lucky. I'm in the Detroit/ Ann Arbor area. I went to look up a show time on 3G in my Fandango app and it took 3 minutes just to load the homepage. Talk about angry. I wish I would have kept Verizon.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:38 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
When did ATL get the LTE? You are lucky. I'm in the Detroit/ Ann Arbor area. I went to look up a show time on 3G in my Fandango app and it took 3 minutes just to load the homepage. Talk about angry. I wish I would have kept Verizon.
Atlanta was one of the first cities to get LTE, along with Kansas City and a few cities in Texas, I believe. LTE has been active for the better part of 2 weeks in my area, but it is not up and running everywhere in the metro just yet.

3G is abysmal on Sprint right now. The 3G I get at work doesn't even allow me to load up simple web pages.

Old 08-03-2012, 04:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,263 times
I just moved from an iPhone to a Galaxy S III and im in love. I will most likely never-ever go back to iOS. Used to argue the differences between them with other in defense of ios and now i get it! Also, Samsung took a page from apple (lol) and gave me [url]http://www.wirelessground.com/samsung-ehs-64-stereo-headset-white.html]white[/url] samsung earbuds even tho i have blue phone....i still kinda feel like sheeple with them in tho!

Old 08-04-2012, 05:22 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,125,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by studintx View Post
+1 for the S3 I have one with Sprint and am in an LTE market, their speeds are Blazing Fast! Definitely a good investment!
I've heard nothing of the Sprint LTE launching its service as of yet. Where did you get this info from??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones