U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2012, 11:52 AM

804 posts, read 727,782 times

Advertisements

perhaps the issue is from it being a rooted phone but after download and restart it tries to install and says upsade failed, and then it reboots to the home screen

it's Pantech Breakout

I'll never buy on e of those again, nothing but a pain
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 06:23 AM

10,838 posts, read 19,871,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onceahogalwaysahog View Post
perhaps the issue is from it being a rooted phone
That's probably your problem. And your logic is faulty. You rooted the phone of your own free will, and now you're blaming the mfg for your actions, the reasoning of the average consumer never ceases to amaze me.

Old 08-19-2012, 06:32 AM

35,103 posts, read 46,468,771 times
I had to look up the definition of "rooted phone", hahahaha

Old 08-19-2012, 06:35 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,046,969 times
Quote:
perhaps the issue is from it being a rooted phone but after download and restart it tries to install and says upsade failed, and then it reboots to the home screen

it's Pantech Breakout

Just waiting for our contract to run out on our Pantechs and they are DONE, DONE, DONE. Wish I never bought one not EVER. Take it back to where you purchased it and tell them your problems then send PANTECH a note about their JUNK phone. ARRRGH..we hate ours.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:36 AM

4,400 posts, read 9,982,310 times
Quote:

it's Pantech Breakout

I do not know the specific instructions for your phone(or what state it's in) but yes a rooted phone will not receive updates as they may do damage. You need to be stock unrooted. This issue isn't the manufacturer's fault.

Old 08-19-2012, 08:53 AM

804 posts, read 727,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
That's probably your problem. And your logic is faulty. You rooted the phone of your own free will, and now you're blaming the mfg for your actions, the reasoning of the average consumer never ceases to amaze me.
no it was a pain before being rooted, I rooted it to remove the bloatware junk that took up space
anyhow I'll to unroot it and see what happens

Old 08-19-2012, 12:20 PM

10,838 posts, read 19,871,372 times
Quote:
no it was a pain before being rooted, I rooted it to remove the bloatware junk that took up space
anyhow I'll to unroot it and see what happens
Your post was strictly about the failure of an update, nowhere did you mention any other issues. Personally I'd leave it rooted, you're better off without the bloatware, unless this update fixes some critical issue. If that's the case you should look for an updated ROM to flash to get the updates rather than unrooting and going back to the stock bloatware filled ROM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones