Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 03:21 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,230,715 times

Advertisements

I don't know, i'm an owner of a Iphone 4S and was very impressed by the very first Iphone so i bought it in late 2007..

But now i have this feeling that the next Iphone, IPHONE 5, unless is extremely radical, will fail and will not generate the same success Apple has had all these years.. Of-coarse the isheep will line up in droves to get one..

I'll admit it i was a die hard Apple fanboy and have been for the last 12yrs, but after using the new Samsung S3, new HTC etc, they simply just blows away the Iphone and the IOS All together.. And now that SONY will be joining the party with their soon to be revealed flagship XPERIA i think Apple will not have it easy like they have been for the past few years..

I guess what goes UP fast goes DOWN fast hahaaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
I don't expect the iPhone 5 to be the breakthrough that the original iPhone was. One of the biggest benefits of the iPhone 5 is that it will have an LTE radio.

In terms of the physical hardware.... I think we've reached a period of slow development. However, there's still a lot of area for improvement in software and services. I feel this is where Apple will focus in regards to the iPhone5 and 6.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:18 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Ohhh...speculation based on nothing.

Both Samsung and HTC (and Motorola) have been putting out very nice Android phones for years, yet the iPhone 4/4s managed to succeed just fine. It's hard to see how Sony releasing a new product in their xperia line is somehow going to crush the iPhone.

There's no real reason to think that the iPhone 5 won't see similar sales.

But good job on getting in the "isheep" bit.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

Both Samsung and HTC (and Motorola) have been putting out very nice Android phones for years, yet the iPhone 4/4s managed to succeed just fine. It's hard to see how Sony releasing a new product in their xperia line is someone going to crush the iPhone.

There's no real reason to think that the iPhone 5 won't see similar sales.
But now Apple has a serious issue, before Android was just a joke.. But now it's serious business, coupled with incredible hardware like the S3 it just simply blows away the IPhone and IOS all together..

Whether you like it or not the iPhone will have it harder this time..

Old 08-21-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't expect the iPhone 5 to be the breakthrough that the original iPhone was. One of the biggest benefits of the iPhone 5 is that it will have an LTE radio.

In terms of the physical hardware.... I think we've reached a period of slow development. However, there's still a lot of area for improvement in software and services. I feel this is where Apple will focus in regards to the iPhone5 and 6.
Well the iPhone has been dominating the scene for almost 5 years!!

Old 08-21-2012, 08:34 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
But now Apple has a serious issue, before Android was just a joke..
Android hasn't been a joke for several years now. The 1.x days were pretty rough, but that was years ago.

Neither the iOS nor Android side of things is doing anything particularly radical. Both platforms have stabilized and we'll likely be seeing more evolutionary changes.

There isn't going to be some radical market shift just because you played with an Android phone and discovered that it isn't a piece of crap, something smartphone buyers discovered years ago.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Well the iPhone has been dominating the scene for almost 5 years!!
Yes. Primarily because they had a head start and iTunes. Let's be honest... Siri had NO impact on their sales.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:38 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
Quote:

Both Samsung and HTC (and Motorola) have been putting out very nice Android phones for years, yet the iPhone 4/4s managed to succeed just fine.
You must be dreaming. Andoid OS is terrible compared to the Iphone.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Android hasn't been a joke for several years now. The 1.x days were pretty rough, but that was years ago.

Neither the iOS nor Android side of things is doing anything particularly radical. Both platforms have stabilized and we'll likely be seeing more evolutionary changes.

There isn't going to be some radical market shift just because you played with an Android phone and discovered that it isn't a piece of crap, something smartphone buyers discovered years ago.
Android has been a great viable OS in the mobile market since it came out... but it wasn't until the new design patterns in 4.0 which brought to the same level of user experience as iPhones. Even though 4.0 has been out for a while, it only went "mainstream" this summer.

One thing is notably solid.... you won't be left behind if you go with either platform. I feel bad for the folks who are stuck in the world of feature phones and blackberries.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:44 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
Quote:
I don't know, i'm an owner of a Iphone 4S and was very impressed by the very first Iphone so i bought it in late 2007..

But now i have this feeling that the next Iphone, IPHONE 5, unless is extremely radical, will fail and will not generate the same success Apple has had all these years.. Of-coarse the isheep will line up in droves to get one..

I'll admit it i was a die hard Apple fanboy and have been for the last 12yrs, but after using the new Samsung S3, new HTC etc, they simply just blows away the Iphone and the IOS All together.. And now that SONY will be joining the party with their soon to be revealed flagship XPERIA i think Apple will not have it easy like they have been for the past few years..

I guess what goes UP fast goes DOWN fast hahaaaa
Many people I know with Android phones have had them break multiple times yet my iPhone is still going strong. It may not be the success that previous generations were but it will in no doubt be a success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones