Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 03:49 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
The Samsung Galaxy III is underwhelming. I'm sure it's a good phone, but I don't feel compelled to jump to Android to use it.

I agree re: user experience.
Its not underwhelming phone, to be honest Galaxy S 3 is overkill. Something making a device that is overkill can be a negative thing. I wanted to wait it out and not upgrade to a new phone. I really wanted the Nokia Lumia 920 running windows 8, however Sprint does not want to support a Nokia phone so I plunged and picked up a Galaxy S 3. Its a good phone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 04:28 PM

290 posts, read 921,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
What I love about android and windows 8 is that thier oses show updated informtion with out ever opening the app.
Windows phone is my second favorite os. But had to get rid of it because the carrier wasn't working well in my area. And I didn't want to open a new account with windows 7 since Microsoft abandoned it.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:17 AM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Quote:
Its not underwhelming phone, to be honest Galaxy S 3 is overkill. Something making a device that is overkill can be a negative thing.
Disagree. Well, totally agree that all the newest phones in general are a bit of overkill. a QUAD CORE processor in a phone? We are still a few years from NEEDING a quad core phone. But overkill being negative? No way.
Many folks believe: rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:32 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Its not underwhelming phone, to be honest Galaxy S 3 is overkill. Something making a device that is overkill can be a negative thing. I wanted to wait it out and not upgrade to a new phone. I really wanted the Nokia Lumia 920 running windows 8, however Sprint does not want to support a Nokia phone so I plunged and picked up a Galaxy S 3. Its a good phone.
Didn't say it wasn't a good phone. I said that I find it underwhelming. It feels cheap to hold, has weird features (gestures? Ugh) that I'd never use.

I'm sure it's right for other people. I just don't like it (or any other Android phone I've checked out) enough to jump platforms.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:25 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,166,492 times
The I5 and all of the new bandwidth hogs will take down sprints system or at least slow it way down to a crawl, says the rumors in the industry.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snofarmer View Post
The I5 and all of the new bandwidth hogs will take down sprints system or at least slow it way down to a crawl, says the rumors in the industry.
You'd be amazed how much AT&T slowed down once iPhone 4 came out 2 years ago. The 3 years prior were easier for people running smart phones.

Be interesting to see what happens with the 5, as I felt things slowed even further with the 4s.

In terms of network. Obviously the phones themselves were progressively faster.

Old 09-18-2012, 10:58 AM

290 posts, read 921,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Disagree. Well, totally agree that all the newest phones in general are a bit of overkill. a QUAD CORE processor in a phone? We are still a few years from NEEDING a quad core phone. But overkill being negative? No way.
Many folks believe: rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it.
Quad-core processors are mostly for gaming. And some games are very graphic intense. That extra power makes the frame-rate smoother.

Old 09-18-2012, 12:10 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,672,308 times
Dead Trigger runs *prefect* on my dual core tablet.
lol

Old 09-18-2012, 12:31 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
You'd be amazed how much AT&T slowed down once iPhone 4 came out 2 years ago. The 3 years prior were easier for people running smart phones.

Be interesting to see what happens with the 5, as I felt things slowed even further with the 4s.

In terms of network. Obviously the phones themselves were progressively faster.
I remember that. Here you n NYC atat had the worsr network and the slowest speed due to customers ulgrading to the iphone4. So many had dropped calls or no calls wouls connect. In certain areas of the city like times square or yankee stadium atat had to install wifi routers to handle data trafffic for its customers. With atat putting extra charges for using certaincfeatures on an iphone5, i suspect many will jump ship on atat and either hop on sprint ot verizon.

Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 PM

Quote:
I remember that. Here you n NYC atat had the worsr network and the slowest speed due to customers ulgrading to the iphone4. So many had dropped calls or no calls wouls connect. In certain areas of the city like times square or yankee stadium atat had to install wifi routers to handle data trafffic for its customers. With atat putting extra charges for using certaincfeatures on an iphone5, i suspect many will jump ship on atat and either hop on sprint ot verizon.
The down side is that VZW and Sprint don't allow calls while using the Internet.

I think the wireless carriers need to step up. Whether its iPhone or Android (or Windows or some other OS that's not popular/hasn't been created yet), there are way too many smartphone customers to try and pass off such weak networks and expect us to keep paying a premium for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones