Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:42 PM

43,279 posts, read 77,092,464 times

Advertisements

One more small irritant.

For the second time in a few days, display autorotate turned itself off this evening. I switched it back on, but it just shouldn't do that randomly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 03:30 AM

80 posts, read 146,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
and sometimes the phone just does stuff like browse the inteternet or test people form my address book and I cannto stop it becuase the touch screen will not function. I turn the phone off for an hour and back on - no good, it just will not work, then I wake up the next day and it works fine.
Oh yeah, I forgot. My Xperia would also call the wrong people from the address book. The display would clearly say it was connecting to person X, but the call got through to another person in the address book instead. Also, it randomized the ringtone (yep, randomized, just some random song from the SD card) and set ring volume to max every time it was rebooted.

Needless to say I no longer use it.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:32 AM

6 posts, read 5,527 times
It’s really unbelievable that you have replaced 14 times. Anyway, after googling for some time I came to know from the user’s reviews Droid II is the treasury of problems no doubt it is good look-wise and can lure anyone to buy it but several complains with its internal operating like constantly freezing.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:41 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,786,099 times
A few of the rpelacements were because it was sotlen, I ran it over and it wa destroyed in an accident. One was the on off button just stopped working, not sure whether that was software or hardware. One went bananas after I accidently bumped it against a wall while walking. That could have bene hardware, but it acted like a software problems. THe reset just went bananas in different ways like those described or they just froze. The Verizon store never tried to fix them, they just got me a new phone. Some were the first Droid, then they convinced me to trade up to a Droid II to avoid those problems. Still every 3-6 months, it was new phone time.

Now my droid is going berserk at random times. Time to trade for something altogether different. I considered Iphone for a while, but there are some things I cannot live with (fixed battery, terrible navigation, pricey accessories and my droid accessories cannot be used, a few other things). So now I am looking at finding some other option. Apparently at least some people have the same problems with their SIII. Maybe I will wait for th windows 8 phones. My daughters have nokia lumina 900s and they are pretty neat, but not as capable as my droid. They do not freeze up all the time like my old blackjack did (it ws otherwise the best phone I have ever had - fabulous integration with outlook spoiled me and later smater phones were a disappointment in that regard).

If Iphone never froze up at all, I might try to find a way to live with not being able to switch in a charged battery and just pay the extra $70 a year for Verizon navigation, but they also freeze up at times, just not as frequently and they do nto get possessed by satan at random times like droids.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:31 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,231,762 times
The problem with samsung galaxy is that they age terribly.. They're only nice for the first month of intial realease..

After that they get very boring and annoying.

Where as Apple IPhone's stand the test of time (timeless) due to their practicality, high quality materials and build quality. And their very innovate software interface. Superior user experience.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:19 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,655,348 times
Strange...I had a Droid X for two years, and never had any problems with Android.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:56 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
The problem with samsung galaxy is that they age terribly.. They're only nice for the first month of intial realease..

After that they get very boring and annoying.

Where as Apple IPhone's stand the test of time (timeless) due to their practicality, high quality materials and build quality. And their very innovate software interface. Superior user experience.
This is one of the funniest I ever read thus far. The iphone4 and iphone4s was made out of a type of plexi carbon glass, one drop and the chassis of the phone is cracked for good, the iphone internals are good though, not so much for build quality. Innovative software, iphone software is year or two behind android and windowsphone8 software, its software is not innovative its just simple and it gives the user what it really needs compared to android and wp8 who had to much bells and wistles to their oses. Superior experience, most users on iphone dont know much about technology, they use the iphone because its simple, many believe the iphone just works. The iphone is simple to use both babies and old poeple can use the iphone and get use it because its simple, no buttons just a screen and a home button. What I do like about the iphone is customer support, you dont get that from other phone suppliers. If an iphone is damage or have any tech questions just call apple or go to your nearest apple store. Customer Care support is just as important as the phone itself imho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones