U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-18-2012, 04:55 PM
 
Location: SoCal
1,529 posts, read 3,768,738 times
Reputation: 1202

Advertisements

I've had the Iphone 5 for a few days.

1.First it has a small scratch on it from the factory.

2. The Camera has the purple hue when I take photos

3. The charger doesn't work properly, nothing happens when I connect the Iphone5 to the wall charger. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't work.

Now I know these are common problems, but how often does one get all these problems on the same device?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 PM
 
Location: SoCal
1,529 posts, read 3,768,738 times
Reputation: 1202
* I've got the black 16GB version of Iphone5
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-18-2012, 10:33 PM
 
Location: My House
34,827 posts, read 32,959,011 times
Reputation: 26185
Take it back and get a replacement. You're unlucky.

Mine is white. Came with NO scratches. No purple hue camera issue. Charges with any of the lightning cables I've tried.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-19-2012, 11:51 PM
 
Location: Bronx
16,217 posts, read 21,042,492 times
Reputation: 8287
Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
I've had the Iphone 5 for a few days.

1.First it has a small scratch on it from the factory.

2. The Camera has the purple hue when I take photos

3. The charger doesn't work properly, nothing happens when I connect the Iphone5 to the wall charger. Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't work.

Now I know these are common problems, but how often does one get all these problems on the same device?
The purple hue is very common on the iphone5 when taking photos in the sunlight. Its pretty normal if you ask me. Ask siri to help you
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 08:35 AM
 
Location: My House
34,827 posts, read 32,959,011 times
Reputation: 26185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
The purple hue is very common on the iphone5 when taking photos in the sunlight. Its pretty normal if you ask me. Ask siri to help you
It actually happens in certain types of light when using a camera with a sapphire lens.

The Samsung S III suppresses purple flare better, but pictures from the iPhone 5 are sharper.


PCMAG.COM

Read it. I really like my iPhone 5. The flare thing is a non issue to me.

If you google "purple flare camera" you'll get plenty of hits. And not just about iPhone 5.


The "my phone is superior to your phone" thing is stupid.
__________________
When in doubt, check it out: FAQ
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 05:46 PM
 
8,395 posts, read 6,606,598 times
Reputation: 6372
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
Take it back and get a replacement. You're unlucky.

Mine is white. Came with NO scratches. No purple hue camera issue. Charges with any of the lightning cables I've tried.

Same here. No problems.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2012, 10:19 PM
 
5,698 posts, read 17,938,143 times
Reputation: 8637
More common than you think however that doesnt mean you have to deal with it. Get a new one without problems.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top