Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 11:04 AM

290 posts, read 922,035 times

Advertisements

In this case, I'd pick the 5. Nexus doesn't support 4G if I'm not mistaken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 08:10 PM

122 posts, read 171,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiCoupe View Post
In this case, I'd pick the 5. Nexus doesn't support 4G if I'm not mistaken.
That's right, Nexus 4 has no 4G support. Not sure what's going on with Google.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:17 PM

18,081 posts, read 15,670,593 times
4G is a known battery hog and Google also made some comments about the standards changing and not wanting to go with the current standard.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:36 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,086,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlanguide View Post
iPhone 4 had the death grip thing, iPhone 5 should have got rid of that. But that's a really serious issue, and the end users were not to blame. Apple should be held responsible.
Yes, that was a serious issue. Not so much for me with my Otterbox case, but still an issue.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:20 PM

961 posts, read 2,026,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlanguide View Post
Check out the revew from Android authority below
Apple iPhone 5 vs Google Nexus 4
Serious question though....does the Nexus 4, well, does it exist?

I'm in the market for a phone and I want to avoid getting a Galaxy SIII. Also want something unlocked. Will Nexus at least be released sometime in the next few weeks? I'm seeing prices of $600 on eBay and craigslist.

I can't believe they released it near Christmas time without adequate stock--and not only that, they apparently let people pick up 4-5 of them in one go.

If the Nexus 4 won't exist for another 3-4 months the nexus 5 will be close anyway.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:23 PM

18,081 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Yes the phone exists. As for stock I don't know about that. The phone can certainly be purchased unlocked.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:30 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,469,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superseiyan View Post
Serious question though....does the Nexus 4, well, does it exist?

I'm in the market for a phone and I want to avoid getting a Galaxy SIII. Also want something unlocked. Will Nexus at least be released sometime in the next few weeks? I'm seeing prices of $600 on eBay and craigslist.

I can't believe they released it near Christmas time without adequate stock--and not only that, they apparently let people pick up 4-5 of them in one go.

If the Nexus 4 won't exist for another 3-4 months the nexus 5 will be close anyway.
Why is that?

Old 12-22-2012, 09:46 AM

961 posts, read 2,026,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Why is that?
Cost
Slight preference for stock android
Contract free and unlocked (Nexus)
I like that the Nexus 4 is slightly smaller
Wireless charging

Old 12-22-2012, 02:00 PM

3 posts, read 4,884 times
I'm testing an Iphone5 right now comparing it to my galaxy nexus and my husband's galaxy s3. The sgs3 is huge (I have smaller hands) and it is both easy to mistakenly answer, and it also occasionally dials last number called on it's own while sitting on a table. Samsung has actually added some nice features to the status bar shade, and in this one case it's been a blessing that it was updated to 4.1 while my gnex was updated to 4.2, which has some flaws, at least one major.
The gnex has no bluetooth capability for 2 weeks now with no fix in sight. Otherwise, a lot of the software functionality is very similiar to iphone. google now is really cool and I will miss it, but I think that's it, and it's not vital. the iphone functions so much more smoothly. It's quite a treat coming from android.

Meanwhile, the i5 just works. Despite the fairly steep monthly price increase for me to change (t-mob to vzw or att), I think the ability to stop downloading fixes ("customizations" lol) for my phone will be worth it. For me, the phone is a tool, not a hobby. The androids lean too far towards hobby for me. I also like the battery management of the iphone. Leaving wifi on when not in use will not eat the battery like on all androids I've had (correct me if I'm wrong, but that's been my experience so far.)

In SF bay area and no dropped calls on verizon iphone yet. Also been polling my iphone att friends and they say that's old news, they have no issues with dropped calls.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:45 PM

122 posts, read 171,934 times
You know, Nexus 4 in fact does have 4G support, we just need to wait for google to enable it LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones