Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 03:17 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
I don't own a single Apple product. They are too overhyped and overpriced. Besides, I have read articles about how Apple artificially inflates the price on their products to lead users to believe they are getting a superior product.

I bought a 10" Samsung tablet for $300. The cheapest, 7" Ipads start at $500. Forget it.

I don't use Apple stuff but they aren't that overpriced really. If you buy an Ipad they cost $500 but resale values are really good. I sold my 3 yr old ipad 2 for $300 compare to my Asus Transformer that drops 50% in value in one year.

The quality is really hard to beat because if we look at performance based on benchmarks not some stupid 8 core samsung BS that locked 4 cores out and you'll find that ipad processors performs really well.

You overpaid for your 10" Samsung tablet, they go for $245 and Samsung TouchWhiz UI sucks. Almost all Sammy phones I got requires a custom rom or else they suck battery and freezes.

Hopefully the next MotoX tablet is good enough because I've been seriously disappointed with the lack of a high end Android tablet without any compromises.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 06:06 PM

624 posts, read 1,161,111 times
No experience with an IPhone , but use an IPad, and my first smartphone was an HTC Evo 4G, which I still have but do not use. I got used to the Android and like HTC features.
Last year I upgraded to the new HTC One for one reason, the sound system it offers.

I walk a lot in a rural area, and it's much safer listening through the phone than earphones for oncoming traffic. It's a great smartphone, but a tad more complicated than the old Evo 4G.
If not for the enhanced sound on the HTC One, would have kept using the Evo.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:04 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,211,994 times
No reason for a android phone here. They are not safe from the NSA, besides I have internet at home.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:19 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
So funny.

Just thinking today about how much I love my MotoX. I got it a few months ago.
Faster than my wife's iPhone, bigger and better screen while still almost the same size, way better typing interface, longer battery life, dual 4g antennas, etc.

Most everyone I know has iPhone 4/4s or 5/5s. I much prefer his phone.

Oh, and the voice recognition is awesome.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:19 PM

3,464 posts, read 4,835,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adyn View Post

Compare that 4S to my Note 2, you'll get your butt spanked.
^^This is my thoughts as well. I have had the Note 2 for about a year and I still think it is pure awesomeness in my hands. lol They also just released a software update that brought it up to having most of the same features as the new Note 3.

The wife and kids have iPhones so I have my hands on them regularly and I just simply don't care for them. My biggest pet peeve is they are so small. I prefer the larger screens of the S4's and Notes myself. I also prefer the freedom android provides vs. the apple culture. I really don't have anything bad to say about iPhones, they just aren't my cup of tea.

I had a Motorolla DroidX for 3 years and never had any problems with it either. It was a very well built durable phone and worked fine. The battery life was still excellent on it when I stopped using it too....it was just an outdated phone with an outdated slow processor compared to today's phones.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:42 PM

NO android phones here. I'm holding out for a "blackphone". These will make the difference between being secure again or being hacked.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:58 PM

1,265 posts, read 3,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adyn View Post
I dropped them after my experiences with my original Atrix. I certainly do hope they've been better.
I am on my 3rd Motorola Droid, (The original, the Bionic, and now the Maxx HD.) I have loved each one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
No reason for a android phone here. They are not safe from the NSA, besides I have internet at home.
Quote:
NO android phones here. I'm holding out for a "blackphone". These will make the difference between being secure again or being hacked.
Heh, an iPhone and your home's internet connection are no safer from the NSA than your andriod phone. The NSA could get an inventory of your refrigerator, if they really wanted to know.

Any "blackphone" that is released will be hacked in no time by the NSA, not to mention countless teenage hackers worldwide.

Old 01-20-2014, 02:46 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,868,948 times
Quote:
Don't hold your breath, there.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:10 AM

1,003 posts, read 1,611,162 times
I was on a BlackBerry Curve before upgrading to my Droid. I can't stand Apple and heard wonderful things about Samsung. I'm very satisfied with my Samsung Galaxy III.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucheGA View Post
I am on my 3rd Motorola Droid, (The original, the Bionic, and now the Maxx HD.) I have loved each one.

Heh, an iPhone and your home's internet connection are no safer from the NSA than your andriod phone. The NSA could get an inventory of your refrigerator, if they really wanted to know.

Any "blackphone" that is released will be hacked in no time by the NSA, not to mention countless teenage hackers worldwide.
My frig huh? NOT unless I offered the NSA a cold beer... My frig is older than my truck, my house and me. It barely makes ice, lol.
You need to read up on the blackphone. They are not at all what you or the hackers think they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones