Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 02:25 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,272,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
I'm thinking about getting the Torque. I like the fact they don't have a speaker in the conventional sense.
Yup the bone conduction stuff is really cool. I was a bit taken back at first when first using it, but wow its amazing!

Perfect for this type of device.

Have fun with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2015, 04:57 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,956,922 times
Bump. Does anyone have the Galaxy S6 Active? I just got one. I saw a review video where a guy threw it on the ground a bunch, stomped on it, and left it in the shower with water hitting it for a while. While I'm not planning on trying any of that, I hope the phone lasts as well as his did. The case is hard "mil spec" plastic, whatever that means. It's also really light and has all of the features of the standard S6 except there's no fingerprint scanner (who cares?).

Go to the 1:00 mark in this video review...
https://youtu.be/nxSrrP8spvs

Old 08-16-2015, 06:41 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,515 times
S6 has 3 buttons, my S5 is missing a button.

I think that my next cell phone will be S8

Old 08-16-2015, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPolo View Post
S6 has 3 buttons, my S5 is missing a button.

I think that my next cell phone will be S8
Coming from the S4, which had 1 button in the center, I wasn't sure I wanted to go to 3 buttons since everything "new" is touch screen nowadays. However, I love this phone. It feels durable, but it is still thin and feels tough. I turned the vibration off for the 3 buttons, and I don't mind them being hard keys at all.
The only issue I've found with this phone is that there is no dedicated "menu" key like there was on the S4. No matter what app or program was running on the S4, I could hit the menu key and bring up a few customizable menus. With the S6, you have to hunt a little more to figure out how to get into individual app settings. It's a small complaint.
I noticed reviews online also say the S6 has industry-leading battery life. I don't know about all that, but my phone does last more than 2 full days under heavy usage.

Old 08-17-2015, 07:49 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,426,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneyus View Post
Coming from the S4, which had 1 button in the center, I wasn't sure I wanted to go to 3 buttons since everything "new" is touch screen nowadays. However, I love this phone. It feels durable, but it is still thin and feels tough. I turned the vibration off for the 3 buttons, and I don't mind them being hard keys at all.
The only issue I've found with this phone is that there is no dedicated "menu" key like there was on the S4. No matter what app or program was running on the S4, I could hit the menu key and bring up a few customizable menus. With the S6, you have to hunt a little more to figure out how to get into individual app settings. It's a small complaint.
I noticed reviews online also say the S6 has industry-leading battery life. I don't know about all that, but my phone does last more than 2 full days under heavy usage.
Dad's S5 has a cracked screen, he might upgrade to S6 soon. I am just getting used to my S5.

See S5 is my first smart phone, previous phone had Email and a keyboard and a verizon navigation app and was all that i needed.

Now I have S5, I guess it's an awesome phone.. It's twice the size of my old phone and needs headphones or blue tooth to really have a conversion with some-one. But the moment I start my car, it plays my music list on my car stereo.

Old 08-22-2015, 03:20 PM

I found these underwater snorkeling pictures someone took with a Galaxy S6. Pretty amazing.

Source: GS6 Active Underwater Pics? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

And here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxlMpu2uccI

Old 08-29-2015, 04:08 AM

19 posts, read 9,549 times
I've got a Samsung XCover2.

Its a genuinely tough little phone, its survived 2 years of constant abuse without so much as a screen protector, nevermind a case.

As a tough phone it hard to fault.

As a smartphone it now a bit dated - old Android OS, poor internal memory and a bit slow. But the new one won't have these issues.

If you want a genuinely tough phone I'd recommend the Samsung

I'm going to get an new XCover3 at the weekend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones