Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2013, 10:06 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,036 times

Advertisements

For my own reasons I switched from Android to an iPhone5. I'm not wanting to start a war thread here.

I'm just looking for a web site or something that I can input the name of an Android APP and have it supply a comparable app for iPhone. I did have some apps that I really liked on Android and haven't been able to find something like it for Apple.

A couple apps from Android that I liked:

Fast Call - Alpha buttons to bring up contacts. can select one button call or two(confirmation). What I liked is capitalized names appear first in list. Frequent callers get capitalized.
Melon - Typed in reminders in a pop up when you turn on the phone(Toast) that clear after a few seconds.

These are just a couple that I can think of for now.

Word to website developers. This could be a money maker. Charge a small amount for a few months of access for people who have just switched op sys. Just have to find someone with knowledge of apps on both systems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 04:45 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Not sure, but

13 Notable Note Taking Apps for iPhone | iPhone.AppStorm
may be of help

The Melon app appears to be abandoned as the developer's website has not been updated for 2 years

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fast...292786125?mt=8
may be helpful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones