Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 11:30 AM

324 posts, read 654,248 times

Advertisements

I bought a note 3 a week ago, I was an iphone user for years. I loved my note 3 a lot at first, but I think I may go back to the iphone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2013, 05:02 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,865,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
I bought a note 3 a week ago, I was an iphone user for years. I loved my note 3 a lot at first, but I think I may go back to the iphone.
Reasons being.........?

Old 10-21-2013, 06:53 AM

I use my phone for business. I don't have time to tinker and tweak , I just want my phone to be efficient. Do what it supposed to do and do it well. that's an iphone. I find the android to be more of a toy.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:15 AM

I could rant for days about that mentality......

Old 10-21-2013, 11:40 AM

could be because I am not used to it. I do love the phone, I love the size and all the things I can do with it.

I here is beep and I have no idea what it is, is it a text, email, voice mail? I have to swipe and the home screen shows nothing. So then I have to swipe downward again... then I have to click the icon up top. here I see all my messages emails and so on. yet it doesnt tell me what is the most recent.

The iphone I see immediately looking down at it if what just came in on my phone. Now maybe I have to adjust the settings on my phone to get i t working how I like it, but I dont feel like I should have to go through all that trouble.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:19 PM

There is no adjustment needed. If you get a notification, it is all tidily placed in the notification area.

I should have spent more time in my previous statement. I didn't mean to say that you were wrong in taking the device back. In fact I am quite happy you did, because you know that you will enjoy another device more.

Typically people argue for or against something based on nothing but predisposition.....it's quite annoying to see someone put down android for "not working out of the box" or "needing to be tinkered with to work" because it is simply not the case. Similarly, when people put down iDevices because they're "too limiting" or they're "all marketing", it is just not true. In both scenarios, there are extremes to each end. Some people like using things like Tasker with android to set up random tasks. Some people can't live without the iEcosystem that isn't available for android users. Most people don't fit either of those roles and just use the phone as a phone.

In most cases, like your own, it is EASIER to stay with something you're familiar with. It is why I do not live in Russia, because it would be hard for me to speak Russian after decades of speaking English. It's not that I can't adapt, there just really isn't a payoff to switch to the unknown if what you have works well for you.

It's been a crap Monday, please forgive my off-topic nonsense. I'm just trying to justify a cranky post that I shouldn't have made.

Old 10-21-2013, 07:40 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,596,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adyn View Post

Typically people argue for or against something based on nothing but predisposition.....it's quite annoying to see someone put down android for "not working out of the box" or "needing to be tinkered with to work" because it is simply not the case. Similarly, when people put down iDevices because they're "too limiting" or they're "all marketing", it is just not true. In both scenarios, there are extremes to each end. Some people like using things like Tasker with android to set up random tasks. Some people can't live without the iEcosystem that isn't available for android users. Most people don't fit either of those roles and just use the phone as a phone.

In most cases, like your own, it is EASIER to stay with something you're familiar with.
After buying a MacBook Air in August I made the switch to iPhone last month after 4 years of Android. I would definitely say that Android is less user friendly than iOS7 but both are extremely easy to use.

I made the Windows 7 --> OSX adjustment in roughly 2 hours... Android --> iOS7 in maybe 30 minutes. I have nothing against Windows or Android... it just made the most sense to me to have an Apple phone to go with my Apple computer.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,808,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelee View Post
could be because I am not used to it. I do love the phone, I love the size and all the things I can do with it.

I here is beep and I have no idea what it is, is it a text, email, voice mail? I have to swipe and the home screen shows nothing. So then I have to swipe downward again... then I have to click the icon up top. here I see all my messages emails and so on. yet it doesnt tell me what is the most recent.

The iphone I see immediately looking down at it if what just came in on my phone. Now maybe I have to adjust the settings on my phone to get i t working how I like it, but I dont feel like I should have to go through all that trouble.
call samsung and request a distruction manual they send em out free of charge providing you give em the imie number from the phone

Old 10-24-2013, 10:25 AM

1,017 posts, read 1,808,569 times
pairing the watch to the phone is easy to all you have to do is make sure that the nfc and the bluetooth is on and rub the charging cradle over the back of the phone and some software pops up and it guides you how to install it and tells you to except the user agreements wich no one reads

Old 08-29-2016, 09:20 AM

645 posts, read 704,706 times
need some help, the battery in my note 3 dropped out while phone was updating the system. now it won't boot up it just stops at t mobile screen after the samsung screen. can't get into recovery mode. anything I can do? also got some important files and pics in there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones