Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2013, 02:44 PM

306 posts, read 657,204 times

Advertisements

My GF has a iPhone 4S and I want to surprise her with an early Christmas gift of an iPhone 5S upgrade... but I am not quite sure how I could go about it. Is there something I could do at the Apple store where she would get an email saying "XXX has gifted you an upgrade to an iPhone 5S"???

We are also leaving on a trip in 2 weeks and it would be great if it could be done before that... I know availability on the 5S is spotty right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 02:48 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,441,091 times
Or you could buy her jewelry!

Old 11-05-2013, 02:38 AM

17 posts, read 20,396 times
Maybe you can send an iPad air or wait to see iPad mini with retina display.

Old 11-05-2013, 02:56 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
From the reviews I have read you would be better off getting her something that will last a lot longer.
A bracelet, necklace, a good pair of earrings, tickets to a favorite concert or play.

Personally I would never surprise someone with an upgrade on their phone simply because I myself do not want to upgrade my phone to a 5S from the 4S I have currently.
I like it, use it often, know how to use all the features and I don't want to have to purchase all the different plugs again for travel and such since they have changed on the 5S.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:59 PM

347 posts, read 491,756 times
There is talk of and iPhone 6 with a 5 inch screen, might just be a rumor, and most girls with small hands probably wouldn't want a 5 inch screen.

Old 11-08-2013, 03:44 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,669,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocket2 View Post
My GF has a iPhone 4S and I want to surprise her with an early Christmas gift of an iPhone 5S upgrade... but I am not quite sure how I could go about it. Is there something I could do at the Apple store where she would get an email saying "XXX has gifted you an upgrade to an iPhone 5S"???

We are also leaving on a trip in 2 weeks and it would be great if it could be done before that... I know availability on the 5S is spotty right now
Bad idea because she will have to extend the contract and you don't even know if she wants too.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:13 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,294,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocket2 View Post

If there’s any doubt whether she wants an upgrade, you could make up a personal “good for an iPhone upgrade” gift certificate to see how she reacts. The Apple website makes it easy to gift products, but I’m not sure how it works with something with a subscription—like a phone. The problem is not Apple, but the carrier. Unless you’re buying the phone outright in cash, you’ll need her information (and permission) to extend her contract.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones