Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:16 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times

Advertisements

Shopping for the "perfect" X-Mas gift: I want to buy really great, comfortable, super sound, earbuds for Android phone ( Nexus ). Mic/volume control/phone calls. No Bluetooth.

I spent time online, with mixed results:
most don't have great reviews, some don't fit the ears well, some don't have volume control, or just so-so sound, most are for iPhone/iPod etc.

Shure SE530 seems to be great, but ouch! not for $800

Hoping to get some recommendation here. Thanks

Considering the RBH EP2 now....

Last edited by elnina; 11-12-2013 at 03:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 09:23 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,603,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
No Bluetooth.
That's too bad.

If you change your mind...

Amazon.com: LG Tone Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - Black/Orange: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've had these over a year and they are awesome... I can to listen to music without wires getting in the way... sound quality is superb up to a range of 30 ft from your device. They fit comfortably like a necklace and if you like hands free calling they are fine for that as well.

Old 11-12-2013, 10:00 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,963 times
My personal experiences are that what is comfortable really varies. You need to try them out to know.
IE: I can't wear the normal ear-buds as they keep on falling out. But the ones that go fully inside my ear canal (after selecting the small-medium-large soft silicone plug) works for me.

Last edited by elnina; 11-12-2013 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: Oops, put my comment in a wrong post :(

Old 11-12-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
That's too bad.
If you change your mind...
This suppose to be a gift for my son, and he said he does not want Bluetooth, for whatever reason.
So I am looking for wired with a mic. There are not many for Android on the market - all cool stuff is for iPhone ...

Oh, and earbuds, not headset. He has headset for home use, but earbuds he wants to use at work and car. Just to eliminate the close contact with the phone (not healthy) and be hands free.

Anyone has those?
http://rbhsound.com/ep2.php

Last edited by elnina; 11-12-2013 at 12:01 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
This suppose to be a gift for my son, and he said he does not want Bluetooth, for whatever reason.

Oh, and earbuds, not headset. He has headset for home use, but earbuds he wants to use at work and car. Just to eliminate the close contact with the phone (not healthy) and be hands free.
You should ask him why he doesn't want bluetooth. Who wouldn't want wireless?

It's funny... these are earbuds. They aren't a headset... you wear the thing around your neck and the earbuds are wired to it... but the entire device is wireless. I use mine at work and in the car... no close contact with the phone... it works up to 30 feet away and it's hands free.

Sounds like everything he wants... for under $50.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:27 PM

They are cool, I admit, but he said he wants something small and not flashy for work, and no extra rays around his head/neck. Maybe that's something what others wear? not sure. In&out to courthouse and airport, maybe wireless takes longer through security check?
However, he will get what he wants otherwise he will be not happy
He has two really great headsets at home, I guess, he wants something inconspicuous this time

Old 11-12-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
They are cool, I admit, but he said he wants something small and not flashy for work, and no extra rays around his head/neck. Maybe that's something what others wear? not sure. In&out to courthouse and airport, maybe wireless takes longer through security check?
However, he will get what he wants otherwise he will be not happy
He has two really great headsets at home, I guess, he wants something inconspicuous this time
I've been wearing mine all day here at work and don't even feel it... they are lightweight and comfortable.

Please post back and let us know what inconspicuous and small earbuds he settles on... if the wires are invisible I may even buy a set for myself.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:28 AM

^^^^^ hahahahaha!!
I guess, it would look a bit funny with a suit and tie. Looks cute on that girl, though...

Old 11-14-2013, 07:04 AM

2,743 posts, read 4,826,963 times
Quote:
... most are for iPhone/iPod etc. ...
I couldn't tell from your OP if you recognized an important fact about the controls usually next to the mic.

A lot of earbuds with microphones have controls that do all sorts of things on iPhones but will only do volume up/down for Android systems.
Make sure what you get is Android compatible, for next song / previous song / pause type functionality for the music players, and can work the phone similarly.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_RDNC View Post
I couldn't tell from your OP if you recognized an important fact about the controls usually next to the mic.

A lot of earbuds with microphones have controls that do all sorts of things on iPhones but will only do volume up/down for Android systems.
Make sure what you get is Android compatible, for next song / previous song / pause type functionality for the music players, and can work the phone similarly.
Good point.

For the record the LG set I mentioned supports both... I used it with my Galaxy S3 and now use it with my iPhone 5s for all the next/previous/pause etc... while listening to music or watching videos and for hands free phone usage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones